Ypsilanti PD/FD dispatched through SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuiltonAsus

From an e-mail message from Chief Walker, dispatch for YPD & YFD will be conducted through the sherrif's department. The implementation will began Friday January 22nd, 2010 at 10:00am.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
From an e-mail message from Chief Walker, dispatch for YPD & YFD will be conducted through the sherrif's department. The implementation will began Friday January 22nd, 2010 at 10:00am.

Yes this is true, however the switchover did not occur at 1000am from what I was hearing. Not sure where YFD will be toned out on but it will be either 154.250, 151.385 and or 151.430. I suspect that they will then remain on their 800mhz radios. YFD does not own any VHF radios at all to my knowledge. I have not heard YFD go out in the last few hours since the switch over so I have no idea what they have decided to do.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
If anyone does not know yet.....Ypsilanti City Fire is now being toned out on 151.430. This is the same frequency as Ypsilanti Township Fire. YFD tone-outs are simulcasted over their 800mhz talkgroup. They then perform all normal comms on the Ann Arbor TRS.

Rumor(actually confirmed this the other day) is that Saline will be turned over to HVA Central Dispatch. Pittsfield only said that they will if it makes sense. Hopefully they keep their senses and do not switch. Chelsea, I am not sure about either. Hopefully if they decide to allow someone else to dispatch for them it will be Jackson Central.

Status
Not open for further replies.