YRCS in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
Was down in the valley last few days:

Found ADOT ALERT OPS simulcasting on the ADOT system (TG 59884) and the YRCS system (TG 1105) during the rollover on I-10.

Also ADOT ROADWAY TG 58880 on YRCS TG 1102 off and on during the day.

Also unidentified users on the YRCS on TG 1035, seemed to be public works related.

Not sure if this is transient use to test the system or permanent patches....so not submitted yet

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I have also been getting some type of communication on the AOT System on TG 58880 but have not been able to figure out who or what. The transmissions have been too short to ID.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Listening over the last 2 weekends, I can confirm the talkgroups on YRCS in the Phoenix area.

1102 Roadway (Linked to 58880 on ADOT Trunked system)
1105 Alert Ops (Linked to 55904 on ADOT Trunked system)

1105 was very active tonight with the fatal crash on I-10 and Ray.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I’m not certain, but I’m thinking that the ADOT system is a 4 site simulcast system with transmitter locations on White Tanks, North Mountain, South Mountain, and Thompson peak. If this is the case, then then the site description and range in Radio Reference is not quite accurate as it is basing the range of the system off of only the Thompson Peak Site.

I receive the system with 5 bars on a handheld from South Phoenix. I also receive the system at about 1 bar with no antenna (so South Mountain is definitely one of the transmitter sites).

The current control channel for the ADOT system is 858.9375. If the ADOT system is in fact a 4 site simulcast system, then you should be able to receive it pretty well in most of the valley.

I’m not sure how much the ADOT system is used. I only monitor it when I hear 11xx talkgroups active on YRCS to confirm that they are linked to the ADOT system. I have heard activity this weekend and last weekend mostly on ADOT talkgroup 55904 (YRCS talkgroup 1105).

Just out of curiosity, what site are you monitoring? I'm using those in the RR database, and I've never heard a peep.

This is the one I'm referring to - Arizona Dept of Transportation (Phoenix) Trunking System, Various, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies

InlandAZ

Thanks cellphone. That is one of the control channels I have programmed into the system frequencies, I'll add in South Mountain and see if I get any hits.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
To clarify a little, simulcast means that all transmitter locations are transmitting the same frequencies. For a scanner, you will only need to program one "site" as all the transmitter locations for the ADOT system use the same frequencies.

Sorry for getting a little off topic talking about the ADOT system in the YRCS thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.