• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Yuck! Fires are burning already

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
There is a fire burning at the Camp Guernsey north training area that has consumed 9000+ acres. Another smaller fire is burning near Bill. The fire at Guernsey was started during military training and then spread by high winds. I believe the state forestry has taken over but mostly the National Guard is fighting it. Freqs to monitor: 173.05 and 163.5375 (Army), 155.805 (Platte County Fire), 158.82 155.415 (Platte County Dispatch), 151.16 (State Forestry) Thankfully we have a break in the heat today.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
I was just looking at the WY FD Directory from the State Fire Marshall Office yesterday. I noticed that Camp Guernsey had their own FD, and that they are a state agency. I dont think that I had ever heard of them before. Peter sz - Arlington MA

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
zerg901 said:
I was just looking at the WY FD Directory from the State Fire Marshall Office yesterday. I noticed that Camp Guernsey had their own FD, and that they are a state agency. I dont think that I had ever heard of them before. Peter sz - Arlington MA

They have a small one, it covers the airport and wildland fires. They get their freq from the Army that explains the 163.5375.

tyytor

Premium Subscriber
i talked to a friend that was doing traning there and he said that it was a tracer fire
from tanks fireing at objects and that started it,so he got military and fire training at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.