Yuck! Fires are burning already

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
There is a fire burning at the Camp Guernsey north training area that has consumed 9000+ acres. Another smaller fire is burning near Bill. The fire at Guernsey was started during military training and then spread by high winds. I believe the state forestry has taken over but mostly the National Guard is fighting it. Freqs to monitor: 173.05 and 163.5375 (Army), 155.805 (Platte County Fire), 158.82 155.415 (Platte County Dispatch), 151.16 (State Forestry) Thankfully we have a break in the heat today.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
I was just looking at the WY FD Directory from the State Fire Marshall Office yesterday. I noticed that Camp Guernsey had their own FD, and that they are a state agency. I dont think that I had ever heard of them before. Peter sz - Arlington MA

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
zerg901 said:
I was just looking at the WY FD Directory from the State Fire Marshall Office yesterday. I noticed that Camp Guernsey had their own FD, and that they are a state agency. I dont think that I had ever heard of them before. Peter sz - Arlington MA

They have a small one, it covers the airport and wildland fires. They get their freq from the Army that explains the 163.5375.

tyytor

i talked to a friend that was doing traning there and he said that it was a tracer fire
from tanks fireing at objects and that started it,so he got military and fire training at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.