Yupiteru 7100 Repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone here know who might work on Yupiteru Scanners? My 7100 just stopped receiving. It's getting power because the display light works, but no frequency is displayed and no audio output at all. I know these are modular and I will take it apart to check connections. If anyone in The US, Canada, or even UK knows of a tech that can repair it, please let me know.

racingfan360

I'm guessing you have already tried, but have you used the hard reset button on the side to see if you can get back to factory default?

The other common fault with the 7100 is the memory capacitor failing. It's not clear if that is your fault, it could be several possible things, including dry joints given the age of it. The capacitor change requires some surgery but it's reasonably straightforward and inexpensive.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a shot. I had the memory cap updated about 5 years ago. That was a pure memory issue. . This turns on as I see the display light light up, but no static, no frequency displayed... nada. There are a few guys in the UK that still repair them and I have no issues sending it off despite the costs. It's my favorite receiver.

racingfan360

Agreed...one of my 7100's must be getting close to its 30th birthday soon, and still going strong. Its on its 3rd memory capacitor. Depening on total costs of shipping and repairs, I think a good condition one will tend to go for about $200 on ebay.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Racingfan360, you sir, are a genius. The reset did the trick. Now I have a few hours of putting back all the frequencies but I am so relieved!! Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.