Yupiteru Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalogoat

I know Yupiteru snanners are not very common here in the U.S. but I have heard great things about their scanning capabilities.
Anyone have one? Any opinions would be appreciated.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I had an MVT 7100 for a while. It was very good on Military UHF, Air Band and did not do too badly on HF as long as I had the patience to play with it. The only reason I sold it was the lack of Alpha Tagging and computer interface.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
Yupiteru and AOR do not claim to make a scanner. They both make communication receivers. The main differences between a receiver and a scanner are:
1. Very wide band, especially down in the HF range.
2. All modes, including providing SSB in the HF range.
3. No ability to trunk track.

Qwerty7

Yupiteru MVT-7100

I use this "communications receiver" strictly for Civil & Military Aviation monitoring.
The sensitivity is where it's at with this unit---couple it with a good antenna--I use a Diamond RH77CA--and I am extremely pleased. True, it does not have any alpha tagging
or computer control--but in a way thats part of it's charm--it's old school. I consider programming it a labor of really really like.
If forces me to memorize frequencies like the old days which allows me to recognize familiar freqs immediately in print or on line.
It is really fun to band scan with and the sound is excellent. No trunking capability and no digital decoding.It handles 2500 mAh Hydride batteries just fine.
I have not attempted to listen to HF yet, but am curious to see how it will bring in MWARA
freqs (Major World Air Routes).
Its solidly built and has a very good belt clip of metal or an optional leather slip-on case.
I purchased mine at Javiation and the case at Nevada.co.uk.

Regards,

Mary

nexus

I have an MVT-7100 for portable Utility/military/amateur HF monitoring, and Military Aero band scanning. I love the thing. It goes with me any time I take a trip. It has a very hot receiver. I got mine off of ebay a few years ago. The MVT7100 has a pretty good scanning rate considering it's not a scanner. I'd guess 30 or 50 channels a second rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.