Yupiteru MVT-7100 can't change mode, stuck in FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

wacopilot

10 years ago I had one of these scanners. I got good use of it and it got a bit worn. I stopped using it when I was unable to change the mode from FM to AM. Recently I have wanted to resume scanning. Since the Yupiteru still has a reputation as a really good scanner I bought one on eBay. To my dismay although in apparently really good condition it has exactly the same problem as my old one. A Google search reveals I'm not the only person to encounter this problem: I'm not interested in FM so unless I can fix this the scanner is useless to me.

I think I'm doing the right thing as described below but just in case I recorded a video entitled Yupiteru MVT7100 problems which can be viewed here

I reset the scanner and it says clear​

I press the function button followed by the mode button​
I turn the tuning knob on the top.....​

but the scanner remains on FM :(

I need to know whether it's a fault, if so whether it's repairable (and who could do this) or whether I'm doing something wrong

Help or advice appreciated!

prcguy

I think your pushing the wrong button. The label in blue is below the button so you would press FUNC then the STEP (MODE) button. It appears you are pressing FUNC then MR (or BW) button. When I press those buttons I get the same results you do but when I press STEP I can change modes.

DanRollman

Database Admin
I reset the scanner and it says clear
I press the function button followed by the mode button​
I turn the tuning knob on the top.....​

but the scanner remains on FM :(

I need to know whether it's a fault, if so whether it's repairable (and who could do this) or whether I'm doing something wrong

Help or advice appreciated!

I didn't see you press the mode button. I saw you press Function+MR, which is the BW button. And then the 10 search bands on top flashed, which is exactly what should happen when you enter search band programming mode. Try again pressing the Function + MODE button?

majoco

Stirrer
Hmmm - all is not clear. Do they mean press 'Func" and "MR" at the same time.....yup.jpg

But like Dan Rollman says, the Mode button is the Step button.

yup 2.jpg

I'll admit, it's not the usual way that the second function of a button is shown - normally the second function is above the button

majoco

Stirrer
But 'wacopilot' was the original poster - has he disappeared in a puff of blue smoke by pressing the wrong button....... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.