Yupiteru MVT-7500

Status
Not open for further replies.

e63

Yupiture MVY-7500

Thanks, Chris. It appears the radio is in descambling mode when receiving everything except AM commerical traffic. The operation of the radio is very similar to the earlier models 7100 and 9000. However, referencing the 9000 manual to remove the radio from descambing mode does not work? Other than that minor problem it seems to be good receiver like its earlier brothers. Thanks, e63

questnz

I use to owned Yupi 7000 and 7100, always regret that I sold them both years ago when I bought AOR 8000. ps did you import from Japan?

e63

Yupiteru MTV-7500

The receiver has a mix of displays in Japanese and English as does the manual. Yes, I have a 7100, 7300 and 9000. I have tried using the English manuals to translate however, have not had any luck getting the 7500 out of descrambling mode. It has canned frequencies for the Japanese JR railroads and fire services.

e63

Making progress using the MVT-7300 English manual. Now have descrambler turned off. Besides the canned frequencies there are ten banks for loading as I desire. It is turning into a nice wide band receiver with the senitivity of its' earlier brothers. It is taking time to figure it out.

questnz

Hello e63, glad to know that you progressing with the toy, did you import receiver from Japan? I see there is also programing software, it is in English or Japanese? I am very interested to get one as well. They quoted me anything from 20.000 to 32000 Yen

RogerH11

I'm not sure if they still make the 7100, but it is one of my best H/H ever although outdated with the bells and whistles available today. I still use my 7100 often. A much better buy IMO than the 9000.

questnz

Just check Bandercom web site but Yupi is no longer on the list. Emailed them for the info, we see. Somehow I don't thing Yupiteru export Scanners outside Japan anymore. May have to ship from Japan.
Last year I searched extensively for MVT-7500 and found nothing outside Japan.

e63

Hello "quenstnz" "RogerH11. I bought mine in the Akihabara (Electronics City) District of Toyko. Bought my first 7100 in 1994 in London. The 9000 in Hamburg and the 7300 from Bandercom, they are good to work with. I payed 29,800 yen for the 7500. This price was the standard in all the shops I visited in Akihabara. I did not get the software nor do I plan on using the 2GB SD card. Once I understand the 7500 I will try ACARS. Right now just programing the MR entries and single channel monitoring of what here in California is still convention systems. It seems that everybody wants to be on a trunked systems, digital with encrytion creeping in. I have improve reception by switching to better receiving antennas Comet stubby Miracle Baby CH-32 (pocket scanning, High RF Areas), Diamond SRH999 Wide Band Recv. and Watson W-801 & a Super Gainer. Chris thanks for the flyer. e63

questnz

Just got email back from Bandercom:

Dear Chris,
We do not have any Yupiteru scanners any more.
Regards,
Pete / Bandercom

Looks like it have to be shipped from Japan

e63

Jupiteru MTV - 7500

It is great radio receiver (conventional) systems. I'm slowly figuring out the nice little radio using my earlier model manuals 7100 7300 and 9000. The radio has some preprogramed frequencies for railroads, fire service and more. It was design for domestic sale in Japan. However it does not relate to USA frequency plan usuage. An example is Japanesse FRS freq's are found at UHF 421.000 Mhz. It is a nice toy and is the smallest of the models I have. Manually freq. steps and modulation can be taylored to fit most every world wide usuage plans. However, for traveling out side the USA I take a Uniden UBC3500XLT purchased in Europe. I will also take the 7500 as it covers more spectrum. e63

doughpat

Hi everyone. Resurrecting a bit of an ancient thread here. Just picked up a Yupiteru 7500. Total beginner to radio, but really enjoying learning about the topic.

I'm having a hard time getting much in the way of signals when using the "search" mode. When I am in Japan (esp. at the airport), I can get quite a few active channels when using the "scan" mode, presumably because the scanner knows which freqeuencies to listen to. But when I try using the VFO mode (basically the same as "search", right?), I get basically no results. When I was in the US, I went to places I *knew* should be pretty hot with radio signals, and still have very limited luck. Nothing on the freeways, even when I tuned the scanner to the exact frequency that I looked up online for the CB channel. When I was at PDX airport, I was finally able to get some kind of baggage handling frequency. But what I *really* want is to listen in on pilots/ATC, CB radio transmissions, etc.

I am wondering about what the "descrambling" that was referred to earlier in this post was referring to, and if it is a problem, how to do I turn it off?

I'm also curious if the stock antenna is limiting my reception. Its a flexible 'whip' that is about 8" long.

Any suggestions? I've looked through the manual for the MVT-7100 (translated to English) and I don't see any glaring mistakes that I'm making.

I'm thinking about pursuing this 'radio thing' a bit more--perhaps my HAM radio license might be worth looking into--obviously you folks enjoy this stuff! I love the idea of listening in on the world around me.

Status
Not open for further replies.