Zanesville police

Smash714

I have a top group of 37038 programmed into my scanner for Muskingum County but not receiving anything for Zanesville Police dispatch. I can hear them broadcast on other apps. Other departments in that group are working. (Sheriff, fire, etc)

phask

Premium Subscriber
I have a top group of 37038 programmed into my scanner for Muskingum County but not receiving anything for Zanesville Police dispatch. I can hear them broadcast on other apps. Other departments in that group are working. (Sheriff, fire, etc)
Working same as always - just ran back recordings from the last hour. Not very active FWIW.

Smash714

i have a new bcd536hp running full data base but no zanesville pd . turned all services on in settings and entered my zip for database.

Smash714

I've got south and philo as sites also not recieving commamb . the app say tg is 37081 but rr says 37018

phask

Premium Subscriber
Export your list as an hpe. rename it to whatever.txt (can not attach a hpe) and attach and I'll look at it.

In Sentinel - file - export hpe.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I'll load into my sds100 and try it, only obvious issue - add quick keys to sites and usually only use 1 or 2 sites.

Each site takes 2 seconds to scan so will slow down the scanner.

phask

Premium Subscriber
so far - this is what I see.

I'd add quick keys for Sites. That is too many to cycle through without missing stuff.

For OSP add

Post 79-51760
Since they use this consolidated dispatch, often POST 60 will use this.

I’d just add all these.
District Radio Technicians-51753
Post 07 St ClairsvilleAvoid51752
Post 30 Cambridge-51530
Post 30 (Cambridge) Tac-51615
Post 41 (Steubenville) Dis-51541
Post 41 (Steubenville) Tac-51620
Post 60-51560
Post 60 Tac-51632
Post 7 (St Clairsville) Tac-51598
Post 79-51760
Post 79 Tac-51643
Post 84-51584
OSP F3-51666

The Muskingum Co VHF High Fire and LEO – don’t think any of those are used anymore except main FD dispatch and extenders for Musk SO 154.65
For Fire -155.055 is all you need, unless one of the others (repeaters) works better.

That VHF for Med Helicopters is also not used.

I’d add quick keys for HAM and FRS – maybe some others, but that’s up to you.

I'd also add quick keys for Sites.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Nothing in there to keep from getting channels?
No - maybe just the scan time or amount of VHF channels. Takes a fairly long cycle time.

I have 3 scanners - 1 for OSP, 1 mainly for SO and ZPD, and one just for AMB. There is some low-priority stuff scattered through them. I have another that is just Parr and ZZV airport, but it's usually off.

All that and still miss stuff. Have another 5 or 6 I can haul in and use in case something is going on.

phask

Premium Subscriber
guess a bad scanner? thank for the help.
Not really

Run analyze - see what sites you get. What antenna? That one that comes with it is OK for a few miles. add in a few Ohio Hills and some miles, and not so good.

Where (roughly) are you located?

I'm North off Maple. I need a small outside ant. to consistently get Dresden and So Zanesville. I can get a few other sites, yet not 100% - true for all the radios I own.

I've been using a 536 for 5 years, maybe more - needed to be repaired once, and now the dongle seems to not work, but overall - pretty foolproof.

phask

Premium Subscriber
PD has lot of no air time - my last transmission was over an hour ago. I log it all with Proscan. Most dispatches are by MDT.

Smash714

Taking a car ride later to south zzv see if any different.held scanner on marcs but no commamb. I can hear on phone app