ZDA 902-928 Mhz Yagi Antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Has anyone ever purchased one of these yagi antennas? They have several models and they seemed priced fairly. They have a large, 17-element model (with 6ft boom) for only $87 but I think I'm more interested in the 9-element model which is $70 -- it weighs 1 lb less and is only 35" in length.

They claim 1.4 SWR between 902 and 928 Mhz so was just curious if anyone has tried one for HAM use?

PDF Spec: http://zdacomm.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/ZDADJ928YG.pdf

Cheers,
-D

prcguy

I have one of these that is very similar to the ZDA 17 element but the specs look a little better and for $90. They claim 900 to 930MHz with 1.2:1 VSWR and 17dBi gain. The beamwidth looks a little tighter on the M2 also. 917HD, 900-930 MHz 17 ELEMENT YAGI

I have this antenna on a 900MHz repeater and its amazing, it covers the area I need and its night and day difference from an 8dBi omni I tried.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Very cool prcguy. I like M2 antennas in general although I've never owned one. I've heard nothing but excellent reviews on their quality/construction. I didn't realize they had higher frequency antennas.

Odd that the 17-element is cheaper than their 5-element offering. Really nice if you're running high power.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Well I received the ZDA 14YG antenna on Sunday -- gotta love deliveries on the weekend! ;o)

I had a chance to sweep the antenna today. Construction is good and seems solid. Antenna comes completely assembled -- even the bracket. For the money this is pretty hard to beat. As far as the performance I couldn't be happier. Really impressive results. See for yourself:

ZDA-14.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.