ZDC Sector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Go here and drag around and click on DC area and surrounding areas
Zoom in and out and you can see entire area is restricted below 18k feet and few high altitude paths thru the area.

Last edited:

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
The middle of the big red "NO FLY ZONE" circle on most aviation maps

More properly it is part of "Prohibited Area P-56" on official maps. A second part of it is the Vice-president's residence at the Naval Observatory. there is an actually sign at the end of the runway at Reagan National Airport reminding pilots to avoid flying over P-56. DCA Reagan National - Aircraft Procedures

dosboot

The middle of the big red "NO FLY ZONE" circle on most aviation maps
I know it’s restricted, I was wondering what FREQ is used in that area, I’ve look at the sectional many times, maybe I’m overlooking it.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
What altitude? PCT is the ATC facility in DC. ZDC overlies the city.PCT.PNG

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
There is a heli channel on the DC heli chart, but mostly it would be with DCA tower: 119.1 or 134.35. Mostly military or law enforcement, or civil under waiver (uncommon.) 123.025 is not really used that much within the SFRA.

Last edited:

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I know it’s restricted, I was wondering what FREQ is used in that area, I’ve look at the sectional many times, maybe I’m overlooking it.

You want the frequencies for the Washington SFRA as well as problably very close by Ronald Reagan National Airport. It is not really an area where Washington Center is controlling aircraft near the P-56. https://www.iflightplanner.com/Help/DC-SFRA-Filing.pdf

maus92

Premium Subscriber
That came from an environmental impact study from 2018. It's on one of my work computers.

Eugene

DOSBOOT: Check out "airscan" post from Jan. 1, 2019. Post # 9. Thread is titled "ZDC RCAG Sites and Sectors Map" Doesn't get much better.

Eugene KG4AVE

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
DOSBOOT: Check out "airscan" post from Jan. 1, 2019. Post # 9. Thread is titled "ZDC RCAG Sites and Sectors Map" Doesn't get much better.

Eugene KG4AVE

Except as mentioned above, ZDC sectors do not control that aircraft in that airspace.

Eugene

You are right....that should have read "post 12" on that same thread. But to answer the OP's question, The frequencies are 133.970 and 126.870. DCA lies right at the border between the 2 sectors.

Eugene KG4AVE

Status
Not open for further replies.