Zello Channel Stream setup

JCESD4

Feed Provider
Group,

I am attempting to stream a ZelloWork channel which is tied to a radio gateway (JPS NXU2A) to Broadcastify.

I see other Zello feeds connected using Broadcastify and hope someone can shed some light on how to set this up. My goal is to have the radio traffic from the Gateway feed both Zello and Broadcastify.

Thanks, Jeremy

DC31

Feed Provider
Am I correct in assuming that audio on the Zellowork channel and on the radio are identical? Everything said on the zello channel gets repeated to the radio channel and vice versa?

if so, you really inly need to stream one side or the other to bcfy.

set a PC to monitor the zellowork channel and route the audio to whatever streaming software you choose to send it to bcfy.

JCESD4

Feed Provider
It's actually mostly one way audio from the radio gateway to a Zello channel that rebroadcasts the radio traffic. Only one or two select users can transmit.

This allows real time (nearly zero delay) audio monitoring of our Fire Dispatch channel through the Zello smartphone app which runs nicely in the background of Android and Apple devices, and offers additional backup communication options.

I was hoping to find an option that didn't require a pc as an intermediate device - perhaps a custom configuration of the .Jason file that would send the gateway audio straight to Broadcastify, however will take your advice and find a PC to simultaneously monitor Zello and stream the audio to Broadcastify as suggested.

Thanks!

DC31

Feed Provider
I don’t have any experience with the gateway so I can’t be of much help there. However, I would doubt that they include the streaming software in their setup. That is where the PC comes in.

i do a very similar thing (one-way only). I run OP25 on a raspberry pi monitoring the local digital fire channel. This also runs a piece of software called zellostream which restreams that audio to a zello channel. As you noted the delay is in milliseconds rather than minutes, so it is essentially real-time.

zellostream can also monitor a zello channel (not 100% sure about zellowork, though). So you could monitor the Zello channel and redirect its audio output to darkice to stream it to bcfy.

My Zello channel:

I have the exact same setup. I've not found a way to perform the media forking out of the gateway.

I continue to play in my very limited free time on other options but so far I feel that the el cheapo model remains the best. Scanner >> cheap PC with broadcastify host >> broadcastify servers. Thankfully my area is covered with enough hoopies that retired members and those that "need to be in the know" have other sources rather than me managing zelloforwork user accounts for them.