• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Zello to PNC370

Status
Not open for further replies.

ces911

Hi all.
I am having trouble removing the POC app by Hytera. I have researched and used total control but it won’t show me file manager. I have going to settings and applications and doesn’t show app in the list. The icon is on my display and doesn’t do anything. I have Zello on my device but need this removed to map the PTT button. Can’t anyone assist.

eng5

Premium Subscriber
If you don’t see the HyTalk or Halo app in Applications, they aren’t installed, but the native POC icon will remain visible anyway. It would be nice to remove the icon or map it to another app, but I don’t think that’s possible.

The PTT button works with the foreground app only, by design. This lets you use it with other apps like EchoLink or Peanut, but it means you have to have Zello open to use it.

Or are you just trying to map the side PTT button within Zello so it works as a PTT button in Zello?

ces911

If you don’t see the HyTalk or Halo app in Applications, they aren’t installed, but the native POC icon will remain visible anyway. It would be nice to remove the icon or map it to another app, but I don’t think that’s possible.

The PTT button works with the foreground app only, by design. This lets you use it with other apps like EchoLink or Peanut, but it means you have to have Zello open to use it.

Or are you just trying to map the side PTT button within Zello so it works as a PTT button in Zello?
Hi

Yes Im trying to map the PTT for zello, but when i go to map it in settings on zello it won't react to the PTT. I seen this has worked on other 370 just not sure why its not letting me.

Thank you

Last edited:

eng5

Premium Subscriber
Hi

Yes Im trying to map the PTT for zello, but when i go to map it in settings on zello it won't react to the PTT. I seen this has worked on other 370 just not sure why its not letting me.

Thank you

Try doing it with Total Control instead of the radio keypad. For whatever reason, I had to click the blue plus from the screen control software before it would recognize I was adding a new button.

The 370 has some “quirks” with the keypad navigating menus, but I’ve always been able to get past them by using screen control software.

ces911

Try doing it with Total Control instead of the radio keypad. For whatever reason, I had to click the blue plus from the screen control software before it would recognize I was adding a new button.

The 370 has some “quirks” with the keypad navigating menus, but I’ve always been able to get past them by using screen control software.
Thank you.
I will try.

ces911

The navigation on my keypad works great. I know some were having issues. But I’m gonna try what you said but not sure if that will work. I’ll let you know. I’m also going to install an older verison on it too. To see if new one is not compatible

ces911

Hi I tried what you said. Didn’t work. Not sure why it’s not letting me. Is there software from Hytera to refresh the device. Maybe software is corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.