Zenith Transoceanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

w7slm

re-aligning bands

I just re-aligned all the bands, cleaned the controls and bandswitch contacts, cleaned the exterior on my '64 Royal 3000-1. QUOTE]

Love it. I have a '68 Royal 7000 that could use some cleaning/realigning too.. Any pointers or reference you can share about doing such a thing? Thx!

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
There are several TO groups on Yahoo that you can reach out to for guidance. Just look in the GRoups section and join up.

I have a 3000 that is one of my prized possessions. As a kid, my friend's dad had one. He let me tune around, listening to TWEBs and shortwave stations. Wanted one of my own ever since. I finally found one at the Yonkers hamfest in 1994. It's been with me through a few moves and the kids didn't destroy it as they were growing up. It was the way I got news of Princess Diana's death after it happened.

I understand this book is very good on this subject - although I don't get into this much - but both John and Harold are friends of mine, and fellow NASWAers to boot....

Zenith Trans-Oceanic: The Royalty of Radios By John Bryant & Harold Cones Second Edition

Mike
I've had that book for quite a while (and haven't been able to find it since we moved this last time). It was a fascinating read. Your friends did their research and wrote it well.

w7slm

Thanks! Took a look - couldn't find anything at Yahoo Groups that was specific to Zenith TOs, but did find an amateur radio repair group and some SW listener groups. Getting closer. :)

w7slm

902 - these are great radios.. the Cadillac of the era, at the end of the era. Nothing made like them since, I reckon!

ridgescan

Last edited:

Boombox

Thanks! Took a look - couldn't find anything at Yahoo Groups that was specific to Zenith TOs, but did find an amateur radio repair group and some SW listener groups. Getting closer. :)

Try the Antique RAdio Forums. They have guys there on the Transistor Radio section that have done all sorts of rehabs with T-O's, 3000's, 7000's, you name it, they've fixed 'em.

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/index.php

And, unlike Yahoo groups (since they went purple), the forums are real easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.