Zionsville, Whitestown, & near vicinities

Status
Not open for further replies.

smbowman75

Premium Subscriber
Hi all -
Recently picked up an SDS100 after a few years being away from scanning. Lots to learn in the digital scanning space. Starting out with some basic zip code programming and spend a lot of time locked on Indiana SAFE-T system.
Looking for some help with Zionsville PD info.
I believe Zionsville is dispatched through Boone County. For certain, Z'ville FD is. However, I do not have any information for Z'ville PD, or much else.
Does anyone local have additional channel information or ID's that I should be programming into my radio?
Thanks in advance for assistance.

GTO_04

Zionsville, like the rest of Boone County, is on the Indiana SAFE-T system. There are no specific talkgroups for just Zionsville. It looks like everything is dispatched through the Sheriff's office. So go to the Indiana SAFE-T in the database and scroll down to Boone County for the talk groups. The site you want is Boone County Simulcast.

bdub5

That one guy...
Premium Subscriber
I would recommend you become familiar with how to build a favorite list. Uniden provides the programming software called Sentinel free of charge which may make programming easier. The link below is a good YouTude video on building a favorite list.

smbowman75

Premium Subscriber
Thanks @N9BA and @GTO_04.

As I listen, it just seems there should be more traffic than what i am capturing, that's why I thought there may be a specific zville talk group.
I have played with the sentinel software, but have not yet ~really~ used it or created a favorites list yet. Just need to spend some time with it.

One of the things I would like to learn is to figure out is how to "search" for new, or unknown ID's. On previous analog scanners, I was able to enter a specific frequency, touch the "up" arrow button, and the scanner would roll through the frequencies until it hit on traffic. If that frequency was worth noting, I would document it and program into a bank. I'm sure there is a way to similarly find IDs on digital type.

GTO_04

Thanks @N9BA and @GTO_04.

As I listen, it just seems there should be more traffic than what i am capturing, that's why I thought there may be a specific zville talk group.
I have played with the sentinel software, but have not yet ~really~ used it or created a favorites list yet. Just need to spend some time with it.

One of the things I would like to learn is to figure out is how to "search" for new, or unknown ID's. On previous analog scanners, I was able to enter a specific frequency, touch the "up" arrow button, and the scanner would roll through the frequencies until it hit on traffic. If that frequency was worth noting, I would document it and program into a bank. I'm sure there is a way to similarly find IDs on digital type.

I don't own an SDS100, but IIRC you can set it up to search all TGs on a system. On my 396X they call it "ID Search."

GTO_04

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
I don't own an SDS100, but IIRC you can set it up to search all TGs on a system. On my 396X they call it "ID Search."

GTO_04
Works exactly the same on the SDS models. You'll see the display say Search vs Scanning when tracking a trunk system.

Status
Not open for further replies.