Zip code error in new BCD436HP, when will new Zip Codes be added to Database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8AFK

I just purchased a BCD436HP and went to plug in my zip code and get an out of range error. I've lived in Maricopa, AZ for 7 years. We have a population of almost 50,000 people and our zip code is not listed in the database.

The zip code is 85138

tvengr

Well Known Member
I just updated the database on my SDS100 and 85138 comes up Out of Range. There has to be a problem with the database or Maricopa has entered the Twilight Zone. I would report that to an administrator.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Just a guess mind you, but Maricopa is a county? And probably has numerous zip codes listed within the county? What happens when you try a different code within the county? It could be omitted out of expediency.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Just a guess mind you, but Maricopa is a county? And probably has numerous zip codes listed within the county? What happens when you try a different code within the county? It could be omitted out of expediency.

Maricopa is also a city in Pinal county.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Maricopa is a city in Pinal County AZ. Two zip copes are listed (85138 and 85139). Neither works with zip code scanning. I see that there is also a Maricopa County.

N9JIG

Sheriff
It is not a database problem, the ZIP Code Table on the SD Card needs to be updated by Uniden. I suspect that it might be a while before this gets addressed but they have been made aware of it for this area.

phask

Premium Subscriber
It can be edited manually. The file is Ziplistus in your Sentinel folder.

Of course, you can also just enter lat/lon of your location manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.