Zip Scanners Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

abettor

I was worried about buying a scanner from this site because of the bad recommendations but I was very please when I ordered it and received it within 2 weeeks. Their team was accessible on the weekend both via phone and online. They helped me find the right one for my area and uploaded my local zip codes so i could get going right away when it arrived.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I was worried about buying a scanner from this site because of the bad recommendations but I was very please when I ordered it and received it within 2 weeeks. Their team was accessible on the weekend both via phone and online. They helped me find the right one for my area and uploaded my local zip codes so i could get going right away when it arrived.
Zip Scanners has been basically unpredictable. At times, as in your case, everything went very smoothly with no issues. But at other times, everything that could go wrong in processing and shipping an order does happen, leaving the recipient discouraged, or downright unhappy.

Glad it worked for you in this case.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Zip Scanners has been basically unpredictable. At times, as in your case, everything went very smoothly with no issues. But at other times, everything that could go wrong in processing and shipping an order does happen, leaving the recipient discouraged, or downright unhappy.

Glad it worked for you in this case.

Didn’t hear bad things about Zip Scanners when I bought mine, but they’ll get my business in the future. My scanner was in stock when they said it was, and it shipped fast. Only thing I didn’t like was that the scanner box was a little beat up/crushed but nothing on the inside was damaged.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I personally won't do business with them again. A while ago I purchased a scanner but they didnt tell me it wasn't in stock. They wasted no time in charging my credit card though. I waited and waited....then called them, and the guy told me that particular scanner wasn't in stock. I asked him why they charged my card without telling me. The person I spoke to sounded like a moron. I told him to cancell my order and called my credit card company and told them about it. They refunded me and ZIP had a fit and begged me to remove the BAD REVIEW I gave them. Idiots. But I suppose this was an isolated incident, but companies who deal online should let you know if item you want is in stock before you pay in advance.

bobmich52

Its kinda like where there is smoke there iz fire with Zipscanners

Its not a isolated incident, they have always operated like this

OVERWHEMINGLY Poor reviews

Your much better off buying from Bearcat warehouse or Scanner master

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I think part of the problems with ZipScanners is that they, apparently, are a very small company, with only a handful of employees. When they are not getting multiple orders in a short time period, you see reports from purchasers that had few, or no, problems with how their transaction was handled. But when they get larger numbers of orders, or requests for assistance, their performance tends to go off the rails. Scanners ordered that show as "in stock" are actually out of stock. So there are instances, such as bobruzzo reported, where nothing had been shipped, yet the credit card used for the order had already been charged, And in several cases that were reported in earlier threads, Zip was slow to respond to queries on why the item had not shipped, and they also tried to decline cancelling the back order & issuing a credit back to the payment method. So, orders were pretty much divided by those that were processed in a timely matter, and shipped without delay, or ones where the item was actually on back order, and they were not response to requests for information, or for cancellation.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
I am not a fan of Zip Scanners. They claim to have good support, however I had an inquiry about a purchase that I made and received zero response from them. I even offered to pay their hourly rate for a bit of support and had zero response. My opinion and experience is that we have much better options out there.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I am not a fan of Zip Scanners. They claim to have good support, however I had an inquiry about a purchase that I made and received zero response from them. I even offered to pay their hourly rate for a bit of support and had zero response. My opinion and experience is that we have much better options out there.
It is pretty obvious when you average it out Bearcat Warehouse or Scannermaster have a much better track record.

Listen365

Premium Subscriber
I had a different experience with Zip Scanners. I ordered A HomePatrol 2 at first and they emailed me back within an hour explaining simulcast in my area and recommended SDS 100 or 200. Even offered to cancel the order. I now have SDS100 & 200 both both working very well in my area.

I unfortunately did not get the same service from Scanner Master, I was surprized with all the reviews I read. This is not to put Scanner Masters down, just sharing an experience. I really enjoy the Scanner Guys put on by them and have learned quite a bit (antennas mostly). I buy from both and other radio sites for my needs and get similar service for all of them when they are super busy.

Ranger_Ron01

Premium Subscriber
I ordered a BCD996P2 from Zip Scanners last Friday after reading some good stuff about them.
Man I wish I would have checked here first, No Tracking Number or any information given regarding my order and they won't answer or return any phone calls at all!
If I ain't heard anything by Monday....Then I guess It will be Lawyer time.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I ordered a BCD996P2 from Zip Scanners last Friday after reading some good stuff about them.
Man I wish I would have checked here first, No Tracking Number or any information given regarding my order and they won't answer or return any phone calls at all!
If I ain't heard anything by Monday....Then I guess It will be Lawyer time.
Hopefully, if you purchased via credit card, you can dispute the charges.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
What's even worse is they are on Uniden's "where to buy" list...

1617757127322.png

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
This thread awhile back appeared to get Zip's attention... There is a lot of posts...

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
Although it was about two years ago, I had a horrid experience with Zip Scanners. Following that, my follow-up email’s were completely ignored. No chance I will go through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.