Zone 3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

canada_jer

I've been logging talkgroups on the new BMR Fleetnet Zone 3.
Up until now it's only been OPP activity but today I just heard another talkgroup that were testing their 'new' radios.
TG was 3056 which is MNR on Zone 2.... funny thing is that I heard a comment on a MTO freq today saying this was the last time they were doing a radio check on that freq. That made me think it might have been MTO. I will monitor further and provide info here as I figure it out.
Unless MTO and MNR are going over to Fleenet at the same time, which I'd find unlikely.
More to come as I get it.......I will update with more tower freqs and talkgroups later tonight when I get home.

Last edited:

jellotor

Was it an MTO dispatcher talking to an MTO unit? Or was it a radio tech from Digital Mobile? Occaisionally you'll hear (well, occaisionally on Zone 1 that is) a DM tech call in to the comm centre or CACC to do a test.

canada_jer

It sounded like 2 guys trying out their new radios from 2 different locations.
One guy commented that he was on the coast of Lake Superior and asked the other if he tried his new handheld radio yet.
The response was that he still had to pick it up at the office but so far the new mobile in the vehicle was working well.
They had callsigns for each other...can't remember the specifics but Romeo was the first part of the call signs.

canada_jer

OK here's what I've got so we can begin to paste Zone 3 together....

For the Searchmont tower (CC 142.245) I've got 4 freqs. I'm pretty confident that these are all the freqs in use at this time.....

For the Wharncliffe tower (CC 142.515) I've got 3 freqs (again sure that's it)

As for talkgroups I've got...
8608 - on the Searchmont tower only. Seems to be a TG for the Sault detachment

Callsigns that I've found that aren't currently on this site are 4Kilo and 4Oscar. I think both are for the Sault region and north but still not clear on exactly where.

Now for undetermined talkgroups I've logged and still investigating....
8224 - ?
8336 - ?
38272 - MTO
3056 - MNR
3072 - MNR
40608 - ?

All but one of these just popped out of nowhere today. It seems every couple hours today a new TG was found.
Pretty exciting considering I was stuck on 2 TG since starting to monitor this zone just over a week ago!

Last edited:

canada_jer

OK Mike, that'd be consistant with the Zone 2 TG of the same number (3056).

I'm wondering if the TG 38272 would then be MTO. If that's the case then the MNR and MTO both switched over to Fleetnet on the same day!!(today)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
MNR Conservation Officers have been on the system for a while from what I can tell.

MTO was doing some testing earlier in the summer but you probably won't be able to tell until winter hits.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
It might also be worth noting that the following links need to have Zone 3 added to them.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=2854
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=578 - Needs Zone 2 also
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=590
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=575
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=577

As well, perhaps a sticky thread for Unknown talkgroups in the Eastern Canada forum similar to what we have for Zone 1 and Zone 2.

And also a note to, not for this thread but atleast for the Quebec links, all of the trunked systems that are in the db for radioreference are not listed under the Quebec listings. That should be looked at too.
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&stid=111

Hopefully the Admin team can find time to make these updates.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Once this system is fully up and running in Zone 3, and considering your in a part of Ontario that is fairly large for districts and such, I'm sure you'll also find that as long as a vehicle is close to the tower that's closest to you, you may find yourself listening to units that will be 2 maybe 3 hours away from you. So you'll actually be able to cover a very large portion of your regions.

Myself, I don't normally get Kingston district on the tower closest to me, but when there's a unit near the tower, I'm then listening to places such as Kingston and Napanee and places all over Kingston East & Kingston Centre regions. Which covers areas that are far enough away from me.

Just some food for thought for you. :)

canada_jer said:
It sounded like 2 guys trying out their new radios from 2 different locations.
One guy commented that he was on the coast of Lake Superior and asked the other if he tried his new handheld radio yet.
The response was that he still had to pick it up at the office but so far the new mobile in the vehicle was working well.
They had callsigns for each other...can't remember the specifics but Romeo was the first part of the call signs.

williams63

Zone 3 - MOH

Here in Sudbury , on Aug 30th around 11:00 pm ( est ) , I had TG 35200 show up..with Voice ..." testing Ministry Of Health...1..2..3 "

Safe to say MOH is soon to be added at least here in Sudbury soon.

I have not heard any MNR , lots of MTO ( Tango ) Units

I used Mtrunker and my lap top on Sunday , and was in Elliot lake ( Update in the database ) .Was able to map that area out...odd tho , they used Algoma TG's...as well as Sudbury TG's too..

The Sudbury area covers a large chunk of land mass!
Sudbury OPP is heard from French River to Espanola, MTO as well.

I must say, I have heard some people having some audio probs of sort in Zones 1 - 2 with a BC 296D...I have not had to adjust any audio settings...

There appeared to be some dead zones along Hiway 17 West...I had Mckerrow site in bank 8...from about nairn Centre to approx 15 Km's from Mckerrow...I had very low signals.

Also they dont use alot of the Vr's here in Sudbury or I am simply too far away.

Ill get to more locations b4 the snow flies and Mtrunk em so we can have an up to data base for our zone.

Nice to see a scanner on St Joes !!

Did you ever figure out what Sault Ste Marie Police use ? 800 Mhz MOT system ??? I heard it was all DES , do you have any info on that system ?

Thx

canada_jer

Hey great to see another northerner here.
First off I often travel between St. Jo Island and Espanola, and will be doing so tomorrow(Friday). I had planned on programming in towers Elliot Lake and McKerrow to get OPP coverage for the drive. I wonder if I need West Bay (Manitoulin) as well?
That's great news about MOH testing in your area, means that it should be coming my way soon....we seem to be several months behind Sudbury.
So I'll keep listening for a 'Tango' handle to confirm MTO, it'd be nice to have them onboard for when the snow flies.
I often go to Elliot Lake as well (used to live there) so I'm glad to hear that you're fine tuning the freq in that area.

As for the Sault police.....on my old conventional scanner all I could get was some clicking and silence and I figured encrypted at the time. Now since I've got the BC796 I've locked onto SaultPD and I hear the underwater sound when the scanner isn't tuned properly to the digital signal. Problem is that I haven't picked up enough activity to try and 'tune' the scanner. My 796 claims it's a P25 signal when it does make some noise. I'm still not convinced I had the right freq since there was very little activity on it.
I followed a cruiser around town and heard the odd underwater noise. I wish I had one of those scanners that found the freq of nearby transmissions!
I'm off to the Sault again tonight so I'll try again with the SAultPD and see what I can get.

dvdbir

Re: Zone 3 Fleetnet, Timmins

Here in Timmins, the OPP, MNR, and MTO are now all on-line with the new Fleetnet system. I am monitoring the talkgroups and they are quite similar to the talkgroups being used in Zone 1, although not exactly identical. I am finding that if I hear a talkgroup in the Timmins area, I can go through the list of talkgroups in Zone 1 and identify who it is I am monitoring. I am using a Uniden 785 D unit and it's working fairly well.

williams63

canada_jer : yes , LOL , there isnt very many of us Northerners scanner!

The Elliot Lake SITE 17 is current and accurate , I used Mtrunker on it just this past Sunday , you will see TG 8576 - Sudbury Talk Groups...you will also see that in Mckerrow as well...tjo McKerrow used " Algoma " TG's.

I found driving from Sudbury to Elliot Lake, I had enabled one of my banks for Mckerrow...well about Narin Centre I lost Sudbury...and Mckerrow was VERY weak if present at all.

So I doub this is some drop out much more than it is , yours truly's rubber duck just not doing the trick ( for now ) .

Even in Elliot Lake, 8576 ( Sudbury ) will come up ...Tho Mike ( ADMIN ) has the TG for Algoma listed on here ( cuz I cant recall...) so youll hear that TG as well.

MTO was on the Sudbury site ( Site 11 ) , when the the switch was pulled...ASAP I heard TANGO units!!

MOH was doing testing yesterday on TG 35200 " MOH , TESTING 1..2..3 " so far thast all I heard.

I have been always curious as to what Sault PD were using , I knew they had a new system ..but no one at that time was on rr.com, to assist in ID' ing the type of system used.
( See Zone 3 - Site <17> Elliot Lake )

I think on the Elliot Lake site (17) I heard Blind River Units as well...
I have 2 Pro 97's , that have SIGNAL STALKER built in...I love the Pro97...

Also to TAP the audio on the Pro97 is VERY easy...one 97 is tapped the other is not...I used UNITRUNKER and Mtrunker 32...cant beat em , awesome programs!!

I might sell my spare Pro97 ( with Signal Stalker ) just not sure what its worth on the used market.

If you come to Sudbury , I mapped out the Sudbury EDAC system, with alot of HELP from the scanont group ( Yahoo ) if your not on that list , I HIGHLY suggest you get on it...some very kind and smart folks on there.

Im positive I got all Voice Freqs for Elliot Lake ( see zone 3 - site 17 ) , lemme know if I missed any of em....

As for the Sault PD , I heard Encryption - 800 M hz Moto ...then again , only heard ( via Yahoo Groups List ) . I wonder tho if its only P25 ??

So pls lemme know if all ELK stuff is ok....if Not , then I will make a trip back up there to visit **wink** scan it as well..heh...to ensure rr.com has the most current and up to date Database around.

Keep in touch !

williams63

Your Right

I agree...so far if one looks at Zone 1 - 2...you can see the same TG's being used in Zone 3....

I heard SPECTRUM RADIO up your way..well kinda your way , they were in Chapleau and Kapuskasing saying " Chapleau is still on LEGACY for the most part " nwowhat ever that meant I have no idea...

So it looks like Fleetnet is much north than I had thought....

But your right, seems to be the same TG;'s so to speak in use.

dvdbir said:
Here in Timmins, the OPP, MNR, and MTO are now all on-line with the new Fleetnet system. I am monitoring the talkgroups and they are quite similar to the talkgroups being used in Zone 1, although not exactly identical. I am finding that if I hear a talkgroup in the Timmins area, I can go through the list of talkgroups in Zone 1 and identify who it is I am monitoring. I am using a Uniden 785 D unit and it's working fairly well.

koi_v

Mto

MTO is suppose to switch over Sept 8th. the new radios have been installed. I am getting a signal on 142.0950 which I figure to be a control channel. But the Zone 3 CC for Hallebourg is 142.3500. I don't have a scanner for trunking yet, but looking at a pro 95 to start with. I have a pro 2026 and a bc 760 xlt. Any advice would be appreciated.

dvdbir

and POOF, there goes the old NOR system...

The old NOR system in Timmins was disconnected today...the entire District of Cochrane is now on the new FLEETNET system now. We now trade that old squawking noise for that "rent a wreck" vehicle engine. HAHA

mciupa

Database Admin
koi_v said:
I don't have a scanner for trunking yet, but looking at a pro 95 to start with.. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi koi_v , FYI the Pro-95 does not trunktrack VHF. Look at other models (Pro 97)(BC-246T)

SCPD

QRT
Zone 3 Update

Hello there. This is Coolguy. I am from Chapleau.

In Chapleau here, we have been on the new system for awhile now. We have no more of that Old NOR System here anymore. It's long gone now.

For the new system. So far I have just been hearing the OPP on the VR 01 - Vehicular Repeater - 410.8625 (on this one. I can hear units from: Wawa, White River, Hornepayne, The Sault Detachment & also units on hwy 17 by Goulais River and Garden River & by Echo Bay). And also on SIM 11 - 148.765 (A little while ago). So far it sounds pretty good.

Also here in Chapleau the MNR and MOH are still on there old system. They haven't switched over here yet. Also from what I heard from someone else. The MTO here in Chapleau will probably not be switching over to the new system. They will be staying on their old system. That they are on now.

Other than that, that is all I know of right now. For stuff going on here in Chapleau.

So if anyone else knows of anything else that is going on here with us in Chapleau that I didn't mention or that I don't know of yet. Let me know. I would appreciate any updates anyone can give me for Chapleau.

Also if there is anything else anyone on here wants to add feel free.

I will be waiting for any replies to this E-mail. Thanks.

Coolguy.

Status
Not open for further replies.