Zone 4 In Thunder Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_Space

Hello, everyone...been a while since I've been here...

I have a BC-296D, which I have programmed with all the Zone 4 frequencies from the database. I have followed the step-by-step instructions on how to set up trunking, and they appear to be entered correctly.

The problem is, I'm not hearing anything. My scanner is in ID Search mode, and locks on the Hazelwood tower, with signal strength consistently maximum. This same scanner worked fine when living in Kingston, with lots of traffic from the OPP, MTO, etc.

I've searched through previous postings on Zone 4, and it appears there should be SOME activity...

So, somebody rent me a clue...what am I doing wrong?

hodet

Do you use bcTool? If so I would be happy to look at your .bct file. I don't know much about zone 4 but wasn't there a thread not long ago that not all OPP had moved to Fleetnet yet?

MetalCarnage

hodet said:
Do you use bcTool? If so I would be happy to look at your .bct file. I don't know much about zone 4 but wasn't there a thread not long ago that not all OPP had moved to Fleetnet yet?
Nope, as it stands right now, MOH and MTO are the only two that have made the move

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
A lot of OPP detachments have made the transition.

Check the database for the talkgroups.

SpaceMan

Mike_Oxlong said:
A lot of OPP detachments have made the transition.

Check the database for the talkgroups.

i think most if not all of them have...in thunder bay i hear thunder bay, nipigon, schriber/terrace bay and armstrong and in marathon i can hear marathon, manituwadge, geraldton and longlac...the only ones i havent heard are farther west towards manitoba...

bosco911

Mark Space....what are you using for a control channel? I have tried setting up a custom search on my BCD-396T but cannot seem to locate a control channel in my area (fort frances). If anyone else has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

MetalCarnage

SpaceMan said:
i think most if not all of them have...in thunder bay i hear thunder bay, nipigon, schriber/terrace bay and armstrong and in marathon i can hear marathon, manituwadge, geraldton and longlac...the only ones i havent heard are farther west towards manitoba...

I stand corrected, i hadnt turned on my scanner in about 2 weeks, decided to turn it on tonight and am in agreeance, at least in Thunder Bay its fully operational and DAMN is it so much better to listen to then NOR, i have the little jack 'o' trades antenna that came with the BCD396 and i get OPP full bars and crystal clear, so much better then before, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.