Zone 5 MSP Multicast Smart Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Have a new Uniden BCD 436, and using their Sentinel.

Was wondering if anyone has a few spar minutes, they could walk me thru
the following. Not too good with this, and find the unit and Sentinel a bit confusing, so
exactly what I should do steps would be most appreciated.

Have a list of the Mass State Police Zone 5 Multicast Smart Net frequencies.
I imagine all of them are trunked, with the list below, I think, are all the CC's.

Would like to create a new FAV with just the following frequencies, as below.

What do I fill in, and where, in Sentinel ?
What boxes, etc.
Do I have to do anything with their Talkgroups ?

And, where in the U.S.A. database could I perhaps do the right click and Append Bit to copy,
automatically, and Paste into a FAV without going thru all of the above. Couldn't locate it
in the big DB.

Much thanks, appreciate the help,
B.

857. 9875

fog

Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with the new Unidens, so I'm afraid I can't help you on that part.

"Zone 5" refers specifically to a zone on the trunked SmartZone system, so any frequencies listed there are certainly trunked.

However, the list of frequencies you posted is not what's in my scanner for Zone 5. The database lists these: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=5653 (linked from https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=736 ). Their list looks the same as Massachusetts State Police - Scan New England Wiki

I think your frequency list may be from before the system was rebanded in 2013.

As far as talkgroups -- not sure if the new Unidens are the same as my 396XT, but I had the option of doing "ID Scan" against talkgroups I programmed (in which case, it will only listen to those talkgroups), or "ID Search" where it will listen for any talkgroup on the system.

Search is a fun way to start out and see what's on the system, but there's a lot of traffic I wasn't interested in hearing -- Department of Corrections transporting prisoners to court, highway department traffic, water departments on the system... So whether you do it now or later, you'll probably want to program in a list of talkgroups that interest you. Sadly, I'm entirely unfamiliar with the 436 or the Sentinel software, so I can't help with any specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.