To Guy or Not to Guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lviper

Premium Subscriber
I have a 30' tower. I plan to use a house mount that would be about 15' high leaving 15' free above the roof. I planned on a 10' mast with at 5' long TV antenna. My question is if the house mount at 15' would be enough or would I need to add guy wires?

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I have a 30' tower. I plan to use a house mount that would be about 15' high leaving 15' free above the roof. I planned on a 10' mast with at 5' long TV antenna. My question is if the house mount at 15' would be enough or would I need to add guy wires?
None will be required. I've installed several hundred Rohn 20G 50' towers over the years and never guyed any of them. I only used guys >50' , and also switched to Rohn 25G for greater wind loading ability.

lviper

Premium Subscriber
None will be required. I've installed several hundred Rohn 20G 50' towers over the years and never guyed any of them. I only used guys >50' , and also switched to Rohn 25G for greater wind loading ability.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Since the towers I erected were mainly for a TV antenna and rotor, my concrete bases were 3' deep x 3' diameter, with two legs facing the fascia and secured to bracket(s). Enough concrete was used to ensure a rounded top surface to provide good drainage.

Status
Not open for further replies.