PDW ..;local pages ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob12770

hi, have installed PDW and am successfully decoding pages...
. all very interesting but i am getting pager messages from ALL over the U.K. is there any way to only recieve local pages ? im in glasgow scotland
cheers ..

cg

Premium Subscriber
You are getting pages from the local tower. You need to set up filters. Add either text or individual address filters. It takes a while but in the end, you have much better control over what you see.

chris

rob12770

You are getting pages from the local tower. You need to set up filters. Add either text or individual address filters. It takes a while but in the end, you have much better control over what you see.

chris

thanks chris, is there a demo of these filters anywhere ? i wouldnt have a clue where to start ,
cheers rob

BM82557

To create a filter click Filters then Filter List, right click on the screen that comes up, click on Add. Attachments show a blank Filter box and a completed Filter of mine.

Last edited:

rob12770

ok, images workin now thanks
i see you put medivac in, how do i know what to type ?
what would i type for the local area ?
cheers

rob12770

ok so i put in a filter "glasgow" no difference, if the word "glasgow" comes up in a page will it just show up in the colour i chose ? is that all the "filter" does ?
im looking to decode ONLY local pages.. is that possible ?

also wouldnt a "filter " stop the chosen word ??
cheers..

LordJ

Setup a filter like the image with the word Glasgow in the 'text' column. Any page that has that word will now be sent down to the Filtered messages window. Set another filter up similar but put in a word you don't want to see. So 'pager test' in the text window. Then select the Monitor Only checkbox. This will still decode the pager, but will only let it appear in the monitored messages window and not the filtered messages window. You can't really decode only Local pages. The software will decode anything it hears, you have to filter what you want to pay attention to.. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.