RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Unication Forum

Unication Forum - Forum for discussion of Unication products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2017, 10:06 AM

I called. 3 quarter of 2017 for phase II.
Sponsored links
Old 04-17-2017, 11:49 AM
Unication Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth21w View Post
Well he dont say much lol i am just wondering how the little pager is going to perform on p2 if its even capable vocoder wise.
Monitoring the forums is just one small aspect of my position at Unication I also provide all Product Support for all P25 Products, hand test each firmware release for any issues, and I am also the main field technician so I have to travel to customer sites on occasion so sometimes my time on the forums is limited to checking once every couple of days. I apologize if I have not performed to your expectations. I would like to inform you however that all requests and suggestions are taken seriously and I endeavor to get each one implemented.
The hardware of the G4/G5 is capable of P2 we have not implemented the AMBE+2 Vocoder (software) required to decode the voice traffic.
Direct: 817-210-4187
Old 04-17-2017, 12:32 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Phase-2

your doing a GREAT job David i say when the software is ready for Phase-2 it will be done right take your time i will get getting my G5V today when ever the mail man gets the box dropped off.i have been working with the software building up a code plug from the programming software as long as the model matches i should be able to just program it.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unication_David View Post
Monitoring the forums is just one small aspect of my position at Unication I also provide all Product Support for all P25 Products, hand test each firmware release for any issues, and I am also the main field technician so I have to travel to customer sites on occasion so sometimes my time on the forums is limited to checking once every couple of days. I apologize if I have not performed to your expectations. I would like to inform you however that all requests and suggestions are taken seriously and I endeavor to get each one implemented.
The hardware of the G4/G5 is capable of P2 we have not implemented the AMBE+2 Vocoder (software) required to decode the voice traffic.
Thank you David,
I have had the G5 for about a week and still blown away by the quality and performance of this radio/pager. No need to apologize , we appreciate all your support any look forward to any future updates.
Old 04-18-2017, 8:36 AM

I also use the nar6595 motorola 3" antenna and love it, no miss communication inside or outside. Did have the trim bottem of antenna rubber for it to work. 5 second cut and boom full bars
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2017, 7:00 PM

Then hopefully my wish for PII, a TG hold button, and a scan delay with a user-programmable amount of time will happen!
Old 04-20-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboys-Scanna View Post
Then hopefully my wish for PII, a TG hold button, and a scan delay with a user-programmable amount of time will happen!
Pretty much what I am hoping for. Without P2, the G4/G5 combo is useless for my area.
Old 04-20-2017, 7:16 PM

Have the cash to buy one right now if they did it. Prolly would get a 2nd one for the car. But I'm holding off until those 3 things come out, otherwise, I really couldn't use it.

And I think the hold button would actually need to be a hold/scan button so you can make it start scanning again after you stopped and held on something.
Old 05-30-2017, 1:03 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboys-Scanna View Post
I would go as far as to tell Unication to put their emphasis on the PII issue. There's work-arounds for those other things.

One user said he programmed an entire trunked system into one channel, and individual TGs in the other channel positions. When he hears something worthwhile while scanning all the TGs, he immediately switches channel to that specific TG. That works for me.

But if the radio itself doesn't work on, what is for me, a statewide PII system which is presently in operation, I'll hold off until they get the PII situations settled.

Hopefully, it will be well-worth the wait.
Old 06-16-2017, 1:14 AM

Unication has done a wonderful thing in expanding their niche market product to accommodate scanner users with simulcast issues. Being only capable of scanning one system talk group at a time is not a deal breaker for me but sometime down the road scanning multiple systems talk groups would be nice. Either way the G4 is on my short list & P2 is no rush since everything around me is still P1.