• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

The Official Latest G4/G5 Firmware and PPS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
Just so everyone is aware the latest firmware and PPS is always available for free by simply sending an email to P25firmware@unication.com. I will post in this thread any time a new version is released.
The latest as of the date I am posting this is firmware ending in R11N2 using PPS V00-03-05_Beta01.

county

Premium Subscriber
Thanks David! What changes are included in the PPS and FW updates?

Best,

Mike

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've stickied this thread.

Let's keep this thread reserved for new firmware and PPS announcements. Please start new threads for bugs, feature requests and usability issues.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

GTO_04

I got the new PPS installed no problem. Now how do I upgrade the firmware? I am not seeing the link to do that.

GTO_04

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
R11P

Release details:
Release R11P addresses the following issues.
• Corrects the common tone A issue on the analog side
• Corrects the issue of when the dispatch console has an SUID=0 on the P25 side
• Includes a few under the hood fixes

JASII

Memory Capacity
The Latest G4/G5 Firmware And PPS

I just did a successful upgrade to R11P and PPS to V0.3.5 Beta07. I am thankful for the Unication G5, PPS, and updates. Happy Thanksgiving Day everybody!

Oh, and as an aside, I am also listening to a brand new Uniden BCD325P2. It is hard to listen to it when monitoring the Minnesota ARMER system compared to the Unication G5. The Unication simply has nice, clean, clear audio. The Uniden BCD325P2 often sounds garbled. To their credit, it is handy for sleuthing to have a Uniden. I can readily lock out talkgroups when in the TRUNK SEARCH mode.

prc117f

Anyone have the changelist on this PPS beta 07? Right now I am using beta 01 and it seems fine. So far R11N2 works fine for me so I am sticking with that. If it aint broke... :)

I decided to update. It was a smooth upgrade.

I did find a bug, when the screen is off changing the volume will not turn the screen on it did in the earlier version, a work around is to just press one of the side buttons before changing volume. Is there an official email to report bugs?

Last edited:

JASII

Memory Capacity
The Latest G4/G5 Firmware And PPS

Anyone have the changelist on this PPS beta 07?...

Release details:
Release R11P addresses the following issues.
• Corrects the common tone A issue on the analog side
• Corrects the issue of when the dispatch console has an SUID=0 on the P25 side
• Includes a few under the hood fixes

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gents, I've deleted a lot of off-topic posts from this thread.

As I asked in Post #5, feature requests, bug reports and usability issues do not belong in this thread. Phase II would be a feature request and any posts concerning its availability would belong in a separate thread.

troymail

Silent Key
Just noticed in another thread (QCII) that David is saying there may be a firmware release in the next week or so... I am hopeful that it will contain more than just QCII features/changes.

Think positive!

HEReAZ

Premium Subscriber
Just so everyone is aware the latest firmware and PPS is always available for free by simply sending an email to P25firmware@unication.com. I will post in this thread any time a new version is released.

The latest as of the date I am posting this is firmware ending in R11N2 using PPS V00-03-05_Beta01.

918cabe51808a078c0428aa3759a4ad4.jpg
sorry new to unication are you talking about firmware in g5 unit or in the software program. like said new to unication or is it both. thanks for your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.