• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G1 Firmware Questions & Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Good evening folks. I got a G1 as part of a trade deal and looking for some help.

It's one of the earlier on models of the G1. I'm having trouble updating it from it's current FW to the latest posted on the Unication site which is RVV0114EN. Here's the info on my pager:

Current FW Version: AVV0224EN
Codeplug Version: V014713
PPS Version: R03.07.02 - R02

I tried using the update utility that's posted on the Hoffman Radio Network site and it stops and the I get the error: Error 50 Version Not Match . I know there may have been other versions I need to possibly update/step through to get to the most current version and I'm just looking for suggestions. I'm well versed in programming, this is just my first foray into programming Unication equipment. I'd like to be able to use the "Zoomed Clock" feature, as well as uploading wav files to use for alerting.

Any help you guys could give would be very much appreciated. Thanks everyone!

KM4WLV

UPDATE

I think I'm making some progress. Was able to get in touch with Jason Hoffman who owns Hoffman Radio Network & is a Unication dealer. With my G1 being one of the early editions we'll have to try the different FW updates that have came out over the years.

Once we get it nailed down (and hopefully fixed, knock on wood) and working I plan on posting the steps we followed just in case someone else winds up in the same spot later.

KM4WLV

Update: Problem Solved

Just wanted to post a final update for anyone who may have been watching this thread or possibly for others in the future with the same issues and find this thread in a search......

As I stated in the first post I was having trouble updating the firmware in my G1 pager. The reason this was an issue is my pager is one of the early/first generations of the G1 and over the last couple of years the firmware was never updated. After reaching out to a couple dealers I connected with Jason Hoffman at Hoffman Radio Network, who is a Unication Dealer. Jason worked with me back and forth via email and text until just after midnight last night sending me past firmware updates trying to fix things. When I got up I had an email from him shortly after 7:30 this morning with another version of FW to try, and it was the "middle" FW update I needed to be able to update to the latest revision, RVV0114EN-V3.

I would encourage anyone who may run into similar issues, or really any issues, with a Unication pager to reach out to Jason. He is well versed in the Unication products and doesn't stop until a solution is found, whether you bought the equipment from him or not. OR, if it's a firmware update issue I'd be happy to help if I can. I've now got pretty much every Service Pack (firmware update utility) for the G1 from release until now so if anyone needs it I'll be happy to try to help. I was sure to ask Jason if it was ok to let these out to others and he said there's no restrictions on it from Unication.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.