• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4 PPS, different county systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawnCowboy

Soooo, I probably am not doing something right. I want to listen to a neighboring county and I put that control channel into No. 2 spot on tab#2-Frequency & System settings. Do I just add the TGID's for that system under tab #4 Group ID Setting onto the already existing TGIDs for the other county system?

I put the different county under my second Zone but I'm getting a "out of range" message... even when I drove INTO that county????

troymail

Silent Key
Soooo, I probably am not doing something right. I want to listen to a neighboring county and I put that control channel into No. 2 spot on tab#2-Frequency & System settings. Do I just add the TGID's for that system under tab #4 Group ID Setting onto the already existing TGIDs for the other county system?

I put the different county under my second Zone but I'm getting a "out of range" message... even when I drove INTO that county????

Sounds like you added a CC frequency for a neighboring county system onto an existing system. This is probably not going to work (it could but it is unlikely).

If it's a different system, you should create a new P25 Trunking System Setting entry for the neighboring system in #2, set the system parameters (WACN, SYSID, RFSS and Site IDs) and then add that CC frequency to that entry.

Then add at least one TGID for that neighboring system in #4.

Then create a new switch position in an existing or new Zone in #5.

cpetraglia

Also to be on the safe side, enter all control channels in case they rotate so you wont loose coverage. I have 8 different systems programmed entirely separately and all work fine.

LawnCowboy

I know it sounds confusing, but if you read carefully what I wrote, I believe I did what you are saying I should do. No. 2 is the second system, completely different entry. I have 2 separate systems, system aliases, wacn, system id, etc. And I believe if I read your post correctly, I am doing it correctly to just add the TGIDs all together from ALL the systems? THAT was my main question. Just seems there would be a separate TGID list for each system but seems from the program, all the TGIDs go into Tab#4 Group IDs? I'm guessing I have something entered in incorrectly if I am getting an "out of range" message when I am in the county I am trying to listen to...

just to clarify, both systems are p25 trunk and I am putting all the CCs for each system into the P25 trunk system settings - Tab#2. Sooooo, No.1 is Hamilton County MARCS, No. 2 is Butler County MARCS.

Since I am in Ohio, both county systems are the same Statewide MARCS system, just different CCs and TGIDs. The WACN and System IDs do happen to be exactly the same I believe. Site ID and RFSS is different.

LawnCowboy

Also, once I get it working with both systems, I think I understand I can not scan both systems on ONE knob channel, but can I have one channel for one county and another of the 8 for another county system? or must I put the other county in a different zone?!?

cpetraglia

Yes, all TGids go in the same list. You just select which ones you want according to your system.
From your post 4, it looks like you have everything correct. The Site ID, WACN, RFSS & Site # are critical. I would go back through and make sure everything is as it should be. If you have any local 800 analog frequencies, you may try programming it to a separate zone and verify the radio is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.