RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Unication Forum

Unication Forum - Forum for discussion of Unication products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2017, 9:20 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Ray's Pager Sales

I just wanted to take a minute and say thanks to Ray. I just received a G5 from him and I couldn't be happier. He responded quickly to my first contact with him. He actually took the time to call me and we had a great conversation. He does genuinely care for his customers and the products he sales. I've sent u I'm several emails with some questions on a few features and his responses were always fast. MY VHF/7/800 G5 came today and it's working like a champ. It picks up just as good as my XTS. It picked up great on 800 with the factory stubby antenna, even more so with the stubby Motorola 800 antenna on it. Audio is great as well. Now if they can get the Phase 2 stuff situated as well as 2 Tone paging on P25/800 it'll be unbeatable. I'm very impressed with the performance thus far and I've only been using it for about 4 hours. I've got the initial codeplug built with the primary dispatch TG's and our VHF fire frequency for 2 Tone paging. And to get past the inability to "park" on a single TG I just set up Trunking TG Scan with only 1 TG per knob position, with the last position (8) as a primary dispatch TGs scan list. Motorola better either step their game up or step out of the way lol. ****One of my favorite features.......... The option to customize the home screen. May seem simple but I like it LOL****

For those considering a G4 or G5 give Ray a call or shoot him an email. He'll definitely take care of you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited by KM4WLV; 06-02-2017 at 9:31 PM.. Reason: Forgot Something
Sponsored links
Old 06-03-2017, 4:09 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Default Merge

https://forums.radioreference.com/un...t-service.html

Merge time.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:06 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnydollar2 View Post
I'm fine with that. I actually tried posting in that thread several times before creating this one. But every time I tried I kept getting an error message and a string of numbers but don't recall right off what they were.

Mods, my apologies. I wasn't trying to duplicate another thread, I just couldn't post in the noted one. I even tried logging out & back in numerous times with no luck.
Old 06-03-2017, 6:23 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Default Ray's Pagers

If they merge it that's fine. I like that antenna you have too. I'm going to order THIS one--->
NAF5084A NAF5084 - Motorola 7/800 MHZ STUBBY ANTENNA - ShopWiscomm

This thing is how every regular scanner should operate for P25. Ray was very helpful. Had a long talk with him about scanners/pagers/P25 stuff.
Old 07-03-2017, 1:47 PM

Daniel, how far out of the county have you been with this pager and how did it compare out of the county with your XTS?
Old 07-05-2017, 8:30 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP387 View Post
Daniel, how far out of the county have you been with this pager and how did it compare out of the county with your XTS?
It picks up well into Mecklenburg County going south, and as far north as Randolph going up 85. Of course the range is extended a bit by using the Motorola antenna rather than the included stubby. However, the stubby receives just as well as my XTS anywhere in the county.

You know where my house is and I get all but one bar listening to Cabarrus/Concord on it, as well as Stanly County.

I also used it when my wife and I were in Horry County for vacation several weeks ago to listen to the P25 system down there and it worked excellent.
Old 07-06-2017, 7:29 AM

How about the Iredell UASI on the Mooresville tower?