RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Unication Forum

Unication Forum - Forum for discussion of Unication products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2017, 7:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default G1 Housing change

So I've ran upon a G1 that is in my price range but it's red and I'd much rather have black since it blends in much better and isn't so flashy. What's a new housing for a G1 cost? Or would it be easier to take it apart and spray paint the housing or cover it with a black sticker cut out for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 06-05-2017, 5:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsneese View Post
So I've ran upon a G1 that is in my price range but it's red and I'd much rather have black since it blends in much better and isn't so flashy. What's a new housing for a G1 cost? Or would it be easier to take it apart and spray paint the housing or cover it with a black sticker cut out for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't even want to try taking a G1 apart as they are waterproof and sealed very well. I would suggest using a decal to alter the color.
Old 06-09-2017, 5:50 AM
New York DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

As a dealer, let me recommend you do not pull the case apart to modify the color. As hiddenrun states, they are sealed well and are water *resistant* (3' for 30 min is the rating).
Dismantling the case will nullify your warranty.

I'm not here to sell you a pager, or talk you out of it. If you are set on changing the color, maybe a jar of modeling paint and a fine tooth brush might be a way to go.
I'm not sure what this could do to your warranty.

You might be able to hit Unication up via a dealer (if you don't have one I would be willing to help you out) and see if Unication would be willing to swap out the case for you. I haven't personally had any requests for a case swap, but I'm not saying it can or can't be done either.

Probably the simplest method, would be to get one of the nylon cases and keep the pager in there. The cases are black and would not only help it blend in, but also protect the pager. They are well worth the investment, IMHO.