• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4 - Time Sync?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
So last night, I noticed the minutes on my G4 changed within a few seconds along with my cell phone and my cable box. The latter 2 are always in sync.

Was this a total coincidence, or is the G4 utilizing some time reference sent by the trunked system?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
G4 Time Sync

Did you just program it using Windows? if the Time on your PC was wrong, it will show the same wrong time to the G4/G5 after program. My G5 shows 11:46PM right now... It's 6:46pm CST instead. I programed it when Windows10 had the wrong time showing again. It's a minor, MINOR problem. Just go into Windows, make sure the time is correct in the right hand corner and reprogram your G4.

Last edited by a moderator:

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
No, the time on the G4 is correct. What I'm saying is: when my cell phone changed from 8:20 to 8:21, so did my cable box, and so did the G4. So I was wondering how the G4 got the same exact time as other devices.

I did program it with Windows; maybe that's it - PPS syncs the time during programming.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
These things are great. P25 is perfect here. I'm happy Phase II is coming soon. It took me a bit to realize you don't push straight down on the main button "joystick" to change Zones. You can push it up or down at an angle to move the screen cursor to change zones quickly. Yes, the only time differences I've had was due to Windows time being off.

sfd119

Most of the time Programming Software will send the Computer's time to the device and update it.

Status
Not open for further replies.