RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Unication Forum

Unication Forum - Forum for discussion of Unication products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2017, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unication_David View Post
Hypothetically it is possible but there would have to be enough of a market for it to justify the man/engineering hours to implement effectively. I don't know if Capacity Plus and Connect Plus are proprietary I am just not that familiar with them.
David - do you see the addition of P25 trunking talkgroup 'late entry' capability on the roadmap for future firmware? This is to complement the current 'channel-grant' implementation which can miss transmissions if the radio did not decode the control channel at the precise moment of channel-grant.
Old 06-30-2017, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Just for your edification.

"Regression testing is a type of software testing which verifies that software which was previously developed and tested still performs the same way after it was changed or interfaced with other software. Changes may include software enhancements, patches, configuration changes, etc."

I have to test every facet of the Firmware and Software. When we release a new firmware update i will provide a list of changes and improvements.
Ummmmm Okayyyyyyy , but that didn't answer my question.

With a nice word such as "Edication"... I was expecting bullet points on what is being tested out by you and your beta testers. Perhaps better words would be "Setting the Expectations of the customers".

Either way its OK. I'm selling my G4 and is listed already.
Old 06-30-2017, 8:46 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

why so many picking on Unication David he's doing his job at his BEST give him time SMH
Old 07-01-2017, 12:56 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidzimmerman View Post
why so many picking on Unication David he's doing his job at his BEST give him time SMH
I agree. David has been very helpful, and has been approachable.

Sent via Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2017, 7:40 AM

Quote:
No one is picking on him. We just have more questions then there are answers... It shouldn't be construed that way.

In one of his latest messages it made it seem like he was the programmer. He stated the word "I" in the message. If that's the case. It's all good.

From day 1 I have wanted the G4/5 series to work. To be the best thing since sliced bread. I could've easily convinced an agency to buy these units. I spent the money on the G4 for my testing. No one ever reached out to me and said... Here try the G5, these are the improvements. But unfortunately, that hasn't been the case. There have been multiple issues that have been expressed by the core group of people that these units are meant for. You look at my direct history and you'll see that I'm trying for this company to knock it out of the ballpark. But for some reason, it's been a lackeys responses. Some good reviews, and then some bad ones.
Sponsored links
Old 07-01-2017, 8:08 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

i got the G5 VHF and love it YES i like to see a few thing added but i'm giving them time for that to happen.I got the TRX-2 about the same time i got the G5 and the G5 blows away the NEW scanner lol maybe down the road Unication will make scanners and blow away all scanner makers.
Old 07-01-2017, 2:11 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
i got the G5 VHF and love it YES i like to see a few thing added but i'm giving them time for that to happen.I got the TRX-2 about the same time i got the G5 and the G5 blows away the NEW scanner lol maybe down the road Unication will make scanners and blow away all scanner makers.
That's exactly what I'm hoping for. Remember the discussions a few years ago about the hopes that a company out there would manufacture a profession grade scanner without all the bells and whistles that scanners have. Lots of folks that use profession grade radios and do the non-affiliate trunk scan thing would benefit from such a product immensely.
Old 07-01-2017, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by county View Post
David - do you see the addition of P25 trunking talkgroup 'late entry' capability on the roadmap for future firmware? This is to complement the current 'channel-grant' implementation which can miss transmissions if the radio did not decode the control channel at the precise moment of channel-grant.
Oh geez, that would be another big problem.
Old 07-01-2017, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusTheGreat View Post
Ummmmm Okayyyyyyy , but that didn't answer my question.

With a nice word such as "Edication"... I was expecting bullet points on what is being tested out by you and your beta testers. Perhaps better words would be "Setting the Expectations of the customers".

Either way its OK. I'm selling my G4 and is listed already.
Are you just being a smart alec? The word David used was 'edification', not 'edication'. Be kind and thankful that David posts here with real information, not marketing speak like we get from certain other companies.
Old 07-06-2017, 7:59 PM

Location: monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and bearcat 560xlt

Has a final price been set for this update or future update as it is still a ghost in my book.
Old 07-07-2017, 1:29 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Why would David, or any other company for that matter, release confidential information with bullet points on a public forum on what is being developed for future firmware?
Old 07-07-2017, 11:38 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcotor View Post
Why would David, or any other company for that matter, release confidential information with bullet points on a public forum on what is being developed for future firmware?
Most folks on here have not been involved in product manufacturing and simply do not know any better. Ask away with the questions but more than likely you won't get an answer until the product is released to the public.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:00 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Hypothetically it is possible but there would have to be enough of a market for it to justify the man/engineering hours to implement effectively. I don't know if Capacity Plus and Connect Plus are proprietary I am just not that familiar with them.
I just want to say I am 1000% happy with my G4, as it provides absolutely flawless P25 decode. That has never ever happened with GRE and Uniden scanners I've owned.

If someday new features are added, then that's great. But the G4 is more than living up to the primary reason I bought it.

Great work David & Unication!

Old 07-07-2017, 12:08 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

i'm with you eorange i'm 10000000000000000000000000% happy with my G5 VHF don't understand why so many CRY about things just give Unication David TIME to get things done.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:13 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Im very happy with both of my G4 units (giving one to my dad though when the city he lives in goes Phase 2. and Unication has the update) .
I think they have done a good job at creating a device like the G4/G5. Since these are in my opinion first gen devices that the company has created im looking forward to the Phase 2 update, seeing if they add any features that we scanner people want, and seeing what the next line of products has to offer, if and when they decide to go that route.