• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication Delays

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
David from Unication responded in another post "this issue is resolved in some alpha releases that i'm working on".

I'm getting the feeling that the next beta version is nowhere near ready for release. Is David only programmer that Unication has? It would be nice to know how things are progressing,

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
In the back of my mind i was thinking i read it was supposed to be ready June/July. Anybody else remember that or is that wishful thinking on my part?

Maybe they are like Uniden. Have a rep here who handles these things and reports back to the programmers in another country.

troymail

Silent Key
In the back of my mind i was thinking i read it was supposed to be ready June/July. Anybody else remember that or is that wishful thinking on my part?
I thought I recall that time frame being posted on their Facebook page a while back... however, I think dates have been given in the past and come and gone... that's not not good... Hopefully, we see/hear something soon.

CanesFan95

Still hoping for Phase 2, an adjustable scan delay, and a hold/scan resume button.

scan18

Premium Subscriber
I highly doubt David is a programmer. Programmers/Developers don't usually interface with the public.

DJ11DLN

I'm intrigued by the G4/G5 pagers and I might eventually have to acquire one. No, I don't have LSM here, at least not yet anyway...but I will have P2 to deal with at some point, probably sooner rather than later. No P2 = deal breaker for me. I do hope they come through with it. DMR at some point would be handy too; I understand that it is at least a possibility.

David_Oney

Former Unication Tech Support
Premium Subscriber
I am not a programmer but i do almost all of the regression testing for every version of software if i am not happy with it or i find bugs it doesn't get released. Just for your information the current PPS release is V00-03-05_Beta07 I am currently testing V00-03-08_Beta08. I am making sure that the release works well so that our customers don't encounter issues.

I am not a programmer but i do almost all of the regression testing for every version of software if i am not happy with it or i find bugs it doesn't get released. Just for your information the current PPS release is V00-03-05_Beta07 I am currently testing V00-03-08_Beta08. I am making sure that the release works well so that our customers don't encounter issues.
In testing beta 08, what is the change log that is being tested for it? Keyword "testing".

David_Oney

Premium Subscriber
In testing beta 08, what is the change log that is being tested for it? Keyword "testing".

Just for your edification.

"Regression testing is a type of software testing which verifies that software which was previously developed and tested still performs the same way after it was changed or interfaced with other software. Changes may include software enhancements, patches, configuration changes, etc."

I have to test every facet of the Firmware and Software. When we release a new firmware update i will provide a list of changes and improvements.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
As always David, Thank you for being on the list and keeping us updated.

David - Hypothetically speaking,
If Unication could add or create a DMR version of these, would it be able to do trunking, Capacity Plus, Connect Plus?

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
I must say, they are working on figuring out issues. My pager has an issue of not alerting on 1 of the 3 silent scan channels, but its not every time. They have been working on resolving that issue for me.

Im hoping that the phase 2 upgrade may fix that issue somehow, someway

David_Oney

Premium Subscriber
As always David, Thank you for being on the list and keeping us updated.

David - Hypothetically speaking,
If Unication could add or create a DMR version of these, would it be able to do trunking, Capacity Plus, Connect Plus?

Hypothetically it is possible but there would have to be enough of a market for it to justify the man/engineering hours to implement effectively. I don't know if Capacity Plus and Connect Plus are proprietary I am just not that familiar with them.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Hypothetically it is possible but there would have to be enough of a market for it to justify the man/engineering hours to implement effectively. I don't know if Capacity Plus and Connect Plus are proprietary I am just not that familiar with them.

Thanks David.

Im in Dallas, and CareFlite rents air time on a local wide area connect plus system. All their ground units and their helicopters use them.
Following the scanner forums, ive also seen many posts about smaller departments who dont go P25 or cant afford it go to DMR conventional or trunking.
While i like to park my scanner on the Helo channel for CareFlite having a Unication Pager would be much better. Again just for me.
I completely understand the need for customers to be able to fund the research and engineering so makes sense.
I can see DMR Conventional but not sure about the trunking.

amickey1979

Premium Subscriber
I am very happy with my decision to go with a G5. My area is mostly P2 and I am patiently waiting. I would rather wait than have some half baked, like a certain scanner manufacturer, product brought to the market prematurely. Keep up the good work Unication!!

county

Premium Subscriber

David - do you see the addition of P25 trunking talkgroup 'late entry' capability on the roadmap for future firmware? This is to complement the current 'channel-grant' implementation which can miss transmissions if the radio did not decode the control channel at the precise moment of channel-grant.

Status
Not open for further replies.