RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Unication Forum

Unication Forum - Forum for discussion of Unication products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2017, 11:27 AM

Default Leather case

Anybody have the leather case with swivel clip? Looking for a better picture of the case and how well it works. Does the clip stay on the pager or does it need to be off to fit in the case. And I guess a good question might be is there a better option out there? Maybe somebody has found another case that fits and works just fine for the G5
Sponsored links
Old 09-02-2017, 11:30 AM

Should have added a case with a PALS option would be nice to attach to a vest or pack
Old 09-02-2017, 9:54 PM

I carry my G5 in the leather case that I purchased from Ray's Pager Sales with the swivel clip while at work six days a week and I've had no problem with it. Like anything else new, it needs some time to get broke in but it does great as I've used it for over two months.

I hardly ever take the pager off my belt during the day and when I do at night I slide the clip off my belt. I have my unit programmed as such that 99% of what I need to hear each day is in Zone 1's eight functions. I'm not sure how well the swivel clip would hold up to constant use but as for it and the leather case, I've had absolutely no trouble out of either.
Old 09-03-2017, 9:34 AM

So the clip on the case is attached and can't be removed? Also does the pager fit with the normal belt clip on the pager? Like you I can get to most of what I use from one zone so I really don't need to look at the pager too often. Would still like to find a good bluetooth headset for use with it but that is another issue
Old 09-03-2017, 11:24 PM

The belt clip can come apart leaving the "receiver" end, if you will, on your belt by turning the pager upside down and pulling straight up. It's really easy and quick.

Can't help you on the bluetooth aspect; I'm still trying to decide for myself as well.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have been using the nylon case for my G5 for several months now. It seems similar to the leather one.
I believe it's a "D" clip system, pretty heavy duty system. However, it does add some thickness to the entire unit. You turn the pager upside down to release it.
The connections are metal.
I got my G5 and my accessories from Wolfe Communications. Wonderful people