• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G- series PPS problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan1373

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded the G series PPS on Friday and it worked great i opened it 10 times or more, no problems. i go to open it on Saturday and it gives me an error message before opening that says PPS has stopped working, this is as soon as you try to open it. the part for the password never pops up? has anyone had this problem? i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no change and restarting the computer, I don't know if its an issue with the computer a (2015 Lenovo think pad) or the software?

pike63

Only been using the software for a couple of weeks and have not had that issue. Wondering if it's not your computer. Do you have another machine to try the software on? That would be about the only thing I could tell you to try

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I've had it happen before as well. Make sure you COMPLETELY uninstall it. Then reinstall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethan1373

Premium Subscriber

Thanks guys for the response, i tried going through and uninstalling everything and downloaded it again. Still gives me the same message G-series PPS has stopped working. I also do not have another computer to download it on! Any other suggestions?

Ethan1373

Premium Subscriber
Reboot/Correct profile

I tried rebooting the computer, still gave me the same message. As far as the profile goes im guessing your talking about computer user profiles in? And yes i have a personal and a guest and i have tried both with no luck. What gets me is i had no problems for 24 hours, its like i have a trial system or something.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Don't just your uninstaller from the the control panel. Go into your C: Program Files and hunt for it to uninstall. I had the same issue. It appeared that it was uninstalled but I managed to locate remnants in the Program files. Look for G series as well as Unication. Drove me crazy until I found them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethan1373

Premium Subscriber
Worked!

Don't just your uninstaller from the the control panel. Go into your C: Program Files and hunt for it to uninstall. I had the same issue. It appeared that it was uninstalled but I managed to locate remnants in the Program files. Look for G series as well as Unication. Drove me crazy until I found them.

This solved my problem, back up and running thanks to Signal-Zero

troymail

Silent Key

This solved my problem, back up and running thanks to Signal-Zero

I'm hitting this problem today -- my laptop suddenly crashed for no known reason (probably a Microsoft problem). I had the latest PPS up when the system crashed.... Upon reboot, the PPS won't start (same error situation as above).

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling (default folder "hung" then seem to finally install) - still crashed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled again -- of course nothing different - fail.

Uninstall and reinstall in different location than the default - crash.

Uninstall - run a registry cleaner - reinstall - crash.

I know some places to look for stuff... will go try and clear some stuff out...

We probably need to document here where these locations are to help others in the future - and also maybe get Unication to address this problem.

troymail

Silent Key
FWIW - I'm back....

I renamed two folders before trying to install again....

C:\Unication (renamed it to C:\xUnication)

C:\ProgramData\Unication (as an administrator, renamed it C:\ProgramData\xUnication)

Reinstalled the latest PPS and it now works (didn't have to reboot).

I suspect something in the Unication data got corrupted when the system crashed....

Status
Not open for further replies.