• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G-5 Conventional VHF Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopFlite

Premium Subscriber
When attempting to program more than one conventional vhf frequency on one zone and knob position, I run into a conflict between monitor and normal scan not having all of my frequencies available on the scan list.
I have been able to copy and paste some knob position content but not others. I know I have missed something...suggestions please.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Unication - G5 Conv VHF Programming

We discussed those ideas here ---->
https://forums.radioreference.com/unication-forum/354127-g5-uhf-scan.html#post2814400

It seems one square *preferably the 1st one of a ZONE* controls up to 16 others each in "Monitor mode" The control box/square should be in Normal scan or priority scan mode.

My example at that link? I started in box two and filled in each knob with a Conventional freq in MONITOR MODE, then went back to the FIRST box of the zone to make that the control square in NORMAL SCAN from the drop down menu at top. Selecting Normal or Priority scan reveals the list to choose from of step #2 in the PPS where you listed your conventional freqs.
Don't forget! if you're using the latest firmware update? you have to make sure to select "TONE" at the bottom for "Alerts" instead of "SILENT" for each square or the audio won't work. ON duty must be on too.

Last edited by a moderator:

troymail

Silent Key
My example at that link? I started in box two and filled in each knob with a Conventional freq in MONITOR MODE, then went back to the FIRST box of the zone to make that the control square in NORMAL SCAN from the drop down menu at top. Selecting Normal or Priority scan reveals the list to choose from of step #2 in the PPS where you listed your conventional freqs.

I believe this is the same thing I had to do. It would be nice to be able to just create a (Normal) scan knob position and include frequencies but it doesn't work like that. I suspect it works this way because you have to assign other attributes to frequencies (analog? P25?, etc.) and that requires creation of an entry in the system with these attributes first.

After playing with the latest firmware and PPS - specifically trying (but failing) to get the QCII feature to work on my local P25 system - it was obvious to me that the PPS screens are built for populating the required underlying database tables and fields vs. for ease of use. That is - the PPS isn't necessarily written entirely with the programming user in mind. Perhaps a third party could come up with something a little more intuitive for the user.

TopFlite

Premium Subscriber
G-5 Conventional VHF 10-8!

Thank You to Johnnydollar2...for the link which I had missed and for the summary which I followed sucessfully!

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
@TopFlite- Sure thing. Hope it all helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.