• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 Audio/Display Question(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
Before I start, If what you read below was/is already discussed in some way, please let me know so I don't duplicate post(s)! Thanks in advance!

My dealer is letting my demo a G5 for my area, he has also let me do my own programming to the unit (With his permission) I just recently did the PPS and Firmware update. It didn't seem like much of a difference at first, although, as many have stated, there is a few "Under The Hood" fixes. As time went on, I noticed some issues, which I will explain below a bit better. I'm not trying to complain, I know its a constant work in progress, just checking to see if others are experiencing the same issues!

Unit/County/System Info:The G5 unit I'm demoing is UHF- 7/800 (Using Fully UHF, my county system is UHF Analog 2 - Tone Dispatch and 5 UHF P25 Conventional Repeater"OPS" Channels)

1) Is the FFFF Wildcard still need? I was a little confused on how that was worded on the release notes.

2) I did have the "No audio unless squelch is pressed issue, but as stated, setting that to "Tone" has fixed that.

3) I have a Knob Switch Announcement Issue. On power up, the units will say "Selective Call" which is correct, however, when I switch to Knob 2, also a SC, it does not announce that. (I have check the setting, all reading normal)

4) I have a "Priority Scan" and "Normal Scan" List of my Counties P25 Repeater "OPS" Channels, Aliased "OPS 2", "OPS 3" and so on. I've noticed that when a radio keys up, the ID's are sometimes all over the place. Example: My Fire Dept.'s Engine, "Engine 52" has a radio ID of "5201" But on some key ups, I get a random set of ID numbers, when I know the Engine is talking. Its not just that single ID either, I know what the proper ID's of the radios talking should read out, and at times its not even close!

If anyone else is having these issues, please post!

Any help/tips are greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
(1/28/18) An update on this:

(And yes, the PPS and firmware has been updated to the latest version)

Question #1 Is the Wildcard still needed?

Questions #2 and #3 have been fixed with firmware update

Question #4 has been somewhat fixed with the firmware update. I still get random P25 ID's that don't match the radio being used, but it not nearly as bad is it was.

**New Questions**

Is there a way I can have my 2 - Tone "Monitor" spot decode MDC1200 is well as 2 - Tone together? Also can I add MDC Decode to my Scan Lists?

And I have some knob spots set to "Tone & Vib" however, when the pager alerts, it does "Tone then Vib" Any ides why this is?

Thank You in advance!!!

JSsignal16

Premium Subscriber
(1/28/18) An update on this:

(And yes, the PPS and firmware has been updated to the latest version)

Question #1 Is the Wildcard still needed?

Questions #2 and #3 have been fixed with firmware update

Question #4 has been somewhat fixed with the firmware update. I still get random P25 ID's that don't match the radio being used, but it not nearly as bad is it was.

**New Questions**

Is there a way I can have my 2 - Tone "Monitor" spot decode MDC1200 is well as 2 - Tone together? Also can I add MDC Decode to my Scan Lists?

And I have some knob spots set to "Tone & Vib" however, when the pager alerts, it does "Tone then Vib" Any ides why this is?

Thank You in advance!!!
I haven't messed with two-tone decode on my G5 yet, but I've set up MDC decode for conventional channels in my scan list and it works very well as it displays the MDC ID of each transmission that I receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.