• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccfd7031

Is there a way to have the G5 record when I press a button? Say a big call comes out and I want to record the entire thing, any way to do this? I've not really found it in the PPS

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You can set the channel to record in PPS for a particular talk group, but it will record all the time. You have to select 'Voice Storage' in the (D4) 'Group Id Setting', the (D5) 'Zone and Channel Setting', and the (D7) 'Voice Message Recording Limit'. It has a maximum 10 minute limit per recording.

It was designed to record dispatches for playback to confirm dispatched info. I record all my fire dispatch channels in case I miss something in the original dispatch message.

Last edited:

brucebuck1010

Premium Subscriber
And to continue - you press that button on top of the knob position switch to play back, in reverse chronological order, the recorded transmissions. However, any new transmissions will interrupt your recorded playback. There is also free software (comes with firmware updates) that allows one to download the recordings to a computer, but I have not used that (yet).

bfeinzimer

The g5 records when monitoring a specific channel but is there way to have to record when it is scanning multiple channels? Can't seem to figure that out..

bfeinzimer

Under which Letter/Number? I don't see it in frequency settings (D2) and I can in D5 when in monitor mode, I can select voice storage (all). When in D5 and in any "scan" mode, the only settings in voice storage are off and ID match. I'm getting stuck at this point, ID match is selected but I guess I don't have the ID matched.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Under which Letter/Number? I don't see it in frequency settings (D2) and I can in D5 when in monitor mode, I can select voice storage (all). When in D5 and in any "scan" mode, the only settings in voice storage are off and ID match. I'm getting stuck at this point, ID match is selected but I guess I don't have the ID matched.

Look back up to post number 2. He gave detailed information.
D2 is for conventional frequencies. Are you trying to record audio on a trunking talk group or a conventional frequency?

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
I too am having difficulty setting up the voice recording of a conventional channel, as D4 appears to be only for trunked talk groups. Does anyone have this figured out?

bfeinzimer

The conventional channel WILL record when it is the ONLY channel being listened to. If I have any scan mode on a knob, I only get the choice to record for "ID match" not all and as a result nothing records.

daredevil1

Is there any way to turn off the annoying beep at the end of a transmission when playing back audio? Also it's cutting off the end of the transmission on playback.

daredevil1

Is there any way to turn off the annoying beep at the end of a transmission when playing back audio? Also it's cutting off the end of the transmission on playback.

I can't possibly be the only one with this issue. Trying to listen the the recordings is useless.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I have several G4 units and yes they do get cut off at the end of recordings.
I turned the alert volume down so when my play back happens the beep tone is barely audible.

bfeinzimer

I too am having difficulty setting up the voice recording of a conventional channel, as D4 appears to be only for trunked talk groups. Does anyone have this figured out?

No one, really?

I can't possibly be the only one with this issue. Trying to listen the the recordings is useless.

There is a setting in the PPS to change the notification tone volume.

If I have alert tone set to silent, I still get that annoying tone at the beginning of each recording, but not the actual transmission....

gadgeteck

Annoying tone on record playback

There is a setting in the PPS to change the notification tone volume.

Are there more specific instructions on how to turn off that damn tone at the beginning and playback of a recorded channel? I've backed up the messages using software and plays back nice on the the computer without tones. I'd like to playback on the G5 and not hear the tone that cuts out the verbal transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.