• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

auto mount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRush311

Premium Subscriber
What do you guys use for an automotive mount for the pager?
All the cell phone holders I find are for a slim tiny phone

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Clip it to the side of the sun visor.....

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
I used either a PanaVise or ProClip button mount. Add a stick-on button to the back of the Gx clip or shave about 1/8" off each side of the Gx clip. Many ways to attach the button mount available at the respective sites.
IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
K3SLS,

I was using the Pro-Clip on the left for my GRE PSR-800, but my G5 clip was too wide to fit it. Does the Panavise one work without shaving anything off. If so, what’s the model number ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
K3SLS,
I was using the Pro-Clip on the left for my GRE PSR-800, but my G5 clip was too wide to fit it. Does the Panavise one work without shaving anything off. If so, what’s the model number ?

No, the two are identically sized...31mm slot. The clip is 36mm wide, so you need to remove about 3mm from each side. Easy to do with a belt or drum sander, then dress the edges manually with fine abrasive. Belt clips are inexpensive just in case you overdo it and the material removal doesn't affect the structural soundness of the clip.

Better photo of the modified clip:
IMG_1153.jpg

k3sls

Premium Subscriber

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
I use zip ties through the air vent.

Two vertical ones, using a u-shaped tie, then a wide horizontal tie for the radio/pager to rest on.

I use my window-side vent. Works for an XTS5000, any scanner, and my G5.

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
Nice mod on the clip. I have an extra one so out comes the dremel !

Dremel should work...but be careful it doesn't get away from you. You might want to scribe lines using a straight edge so you can track how much material you're removing.

Good luck!

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
Or, if the idea of grinding down the clip makes you apprehensive, enlarge the slot on the bracket.

On the subject of which bracket to use, I've been using the Panavise 777 for years. They are great.

brucebuck1010

Premium Subscriber
Ram Mount works pretty well and is well built. Not cheap, but I think it should last.

16b

Premium Subscriber
I use a magnetic mount made by Scosche (there are plenty of other brands; nothing special about this one). I took the belt clip off and stuck the mounting plate on the back of the battery door, although I don't see why you couldn't just stick the plate to the belt clip, instead. I did it that way because I just don't use the belt clip. The plate that I put on the pager is the one on the right in the main photo here: https://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-MAGR...512748086&sr=8-4&keywords=scosche+magic+mount

I have two mounts in the car--one vent clip and one suction cup on the dash. I have a couple of mobile devices, too, so it is nice to have the flexibility to put things in whatever configuration I want.

So far I have not had any problems with the pager (or any other device) falling off the magnetic mount. It seems very secure.

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
I use a magnetic mount made by Scosche (there are plenty of other brands; nothing special about this one). I took the belt clip off and stuck the mounting plate on the back of the battery door, although I don't see why you couldn't just stick the plate to the belt clip, instead. I did it that way because I just don't use the belt clip. The plate that I put on the pager is the one on the right in the main photo here: https://www.amazon.com/SCOSCHE-MAGR...512748086&sr=8-4&keywords=scosche+magic+mount

I have two mounts in the car--one vent clip and one suction cup on the dash. I have a couple of mobile devices, too, so it is nice to have the flexibility to put things in whatever configuration I want.

So far I have not had any problems with the pager (or any other device) falling off the magnetic mount. It seems very secure.

Yep, that will work too...but if you use either of the drop-in chargers it will prevent easy insertion or in my case, prevented insertion. I suppose I could use a Dremel to "adjust", but not inclined to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.