• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 audio out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Roger that. I was just thinking along the lines of when I get one if I wanted to start a stream how I could do it. Probably get a BT dongle for my pc and try that, or just get an amplified charger and six out, at least some options

cpetraglia

Already tried tapping the audio out per the G1 diagram. All you get is a loud pop when a TG becomes active. I think you have to hit the signaling pin with who knows what. I suspect that shuts off the internal speaker and routes the audio to the base connector. With out knowing what that signal should be, I did not proceed any further. I want to keep my G4 for a while.

Mr_Boh

This is the bluetooth streaming adapter I have used before and I think it works well because it is one of the easier bluetooth devices I have paired. Also an agreeable $21 so even when you are done using it for audio out, would make a good wireless adapter for a home theater system or whatever else. They give you the audio cables in the box too.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Blu...&sr=8-1&keywords=Logitech+bluetooth+streaming

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
Already tried tapping the audio out per the G1 diagram. All you get is a loud pop when a TG becomes active. I think you have to hit the signaling pin with who knows what. I suspect that shuts off the internal speaker and routes the audio to the base connector. With out knowing what that signal should be, I did not proceed any further. I want to keep my G4 for a while.

When I get my scope back from repair, I'll probe around see what's on the output and where the return is supposed to be. Even if it can be identified, there's still the issue of rigging up a connector.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Not sure if its still an issue, but the BT audio on the G4/G5 used to have a beep at the begining of every RX transmission. They had BT 2.0 so it was an issue for a lot of people. But its been a while since it has been discussed. So not sure if its still a problem or not.

cpetraglia

I picked up an Amazon Basics BT 2.1 speaker. No beeps, noises whatsoever. I am still using R11N2 FW. The beeps are not coming from the pager, but from some of the different BT receivers people are trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.