• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Rays Pager Phase 2 preorder info

Status
Not open for further replies.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Check this out I am trying to get more info.
Rays Pager taking preorders Phase2
This is for G4 and G5 I only linked to G4 but the no extra charge is on both models.
Unication has said nothing about deals for us that already own G4 and G5.
I sure hope we get something.

Last edited:

jmontes77029

That’s a good deal for someone who is buying their first one. Yeah what about us. Also I only noticed it said g4. I did not see a g5 one listed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

verhoffj1

Premium Subscriber
Check this out I am trying to get more info.
Rays Pager taking preorders Phase2

The more info Unication has said nothing about deals for us that already own G4 and G5.
I sure hope we get something.
I saw this last night and decided to do the pre order for the G4. I assume since he's posting that on his page that we can expect phase II soon. And I'm sure the people that already have the pager are going to get rolled into the update.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

verhoffj1

Premium Subscriber
That’s a good deal for someone who is buying their first one. Yeah what about us. Also I only noticed it said g4. I did not see a g5 one listed

Here's a screenshot from the website showing G5 is also applicable.
ecc22c18fd378bdcf26984bdf66c9eba.jpg

jmontes77029

Thanks. I just found it on the website. I hope the phase upgrade can be installed at home and not have to be sent back to dealer for upgrade

jmontes77029

Troymail, you are most likely right. They are more than likely trying to entice people to become new owners of these nice units .

jmontes77029

I don’t think ever been compatible to smartzone or smartness systems as well as analog trunking systems

troymail

Silent Key
There have been some folks who believe that non-P25 systems will work on these pagers because (they want it to of course but...) many older Motorola systems have "P25 digital voice" -- which is not the same thing.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I would be shocked if they charged prior owners for the phase 2 upgrade.

Didn't David say before that it would be a paid upgrade, though? I am remembering that for some reason...

No doubt it would be nice if it was free, though.

jmontes77029

Didn't David say before that it would be a paid upgrade, though? I am remembering that for some reason...

No doubt it would be nice if it was free, though.

I believe he put the MSRP at around $150. There would have to be some payment for licensing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.