RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Unication Forum

Unication Forum - Forum for discussion of Unication products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2018, 1:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default G5 two tone programming help

I just received my G5 Unication Voice pager. I can not seem to get the pager to trip on a two tone page. I can listen to our Fire Department, but when our station gets a two tone page, my G5 does not trip? I have called unication tech support, all i get is a recorded message- i leave a message- and i never get a phone call back? I have emailed david@unication.com and receive no replies? So i am here asking for some Fire help! Can i send my pps file to someone who can look at it and tell me where i went wrong? My FD is on VHF, Our Ambulance service is on 800mhz. I need both checked out. Email me if you are willing to help. I will send you my exported pps file to look at.

Thank You

hawkredtail@protonmail.com
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2018, 1:30 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmh603 View Post
I just received my G5 Unication Voice pager. I can not seem to get the pager to trip on a two tone page. I can listen to our Fire Department, but when our station gets a two tone page, my G5 does not trip? I have called unication tech support, all i get is a recorded message- i leave a message- and i never get a phone call back? I have emailed david@unication.com and receive no replies? So i am here asking for some Fire help! Can i send my pps file to someone who can look at it and tell me where i went wrong? My FD is on VHF, Our Ambulance service is on 800mhz. I need both checked out. Email me if you are willing to help. I will send you my exported pps file to look at.

Thank You

Who is your dealer? They are your first contact and should be able to help you out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2018, 1:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

My salesman gave me david@unication.com if i had any questions. I found out that is not working? This is why i am trying here.

Thank You
Old 02-23-2018, 1:59 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

David is a pretty busy guy and often travels. So he may not be able to help at a moments notice. You dont mention how long ago it was you emailed him or called.
As HRN mentioned, if this is for a department and/or department issued support should come from them.
If you purchased out right again that dealer should help.
Then forums and manufacturers come next.

Do you have the correct tone info?
Are tones sent on VHF only? 800 only, both?
Theres a lot of info missing that we need to try to help you.
Old 02-23-2018, 2:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

We are a dealer but I am out of the office. Here is a link to the white papers and there is also a YouTube video that David did.

http://www.unicationusa.com/downloads-new

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2018, 3:14 PM
Silent Key
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

Thank You

I was never able to get 2-tone over P25 working on the system in my area... I have been using conventional 2-tone however.

The conventional 2-tone is pretty straight forward - from what I recall, 2-tone over P25 is much more complicated to set up....

David posted some info on 2-tone setup back in September -- look starting here.
Old 02-23-2018, 3:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
My FD is on VHF, Our Ambulance service is on 800mhz. I need both checked out.
Are these both analog? Both trunked? Or is either P25?

Sent using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2018, 4:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

VHF Hi is analog frequency 151 MHz and the 800 MHz is P25 Phase 1 trunking. I will check out troymail post.

Thank You
Old 02-23-2018, 5:45 PM
Silent Key
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
VHF Hi is analog frequency 151 MHz and the 800 MHz is P25 Phase 1 trunking. I will check out troymail post.

Thank You
The 2-tone over P25 info is in this post... I can't help much more with that as it didn't work for me (even though I'm told it was configured properly at the time).

I do have "regular" 2-tone working - was pretty easy. If you are still having issues, I can take a look at your config ....
Old 02-23-2018, 9:21 PM

You can send me your PPS... Iíll take a look for you... but I must ask, have you watched Davidís YouTube video on how to program g4/g5? Email:
Emtlarmy@gmail.com
Old 02-26-2018, 6:52 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Just for information on those following this thread. Troymail was able to fix everything! He even built me a new load with talkgroups and Frequencies. Also Thanks to everyone who emailed me and helped with all boxes and settings. There was tons of things I did not check or add to the menus.

My G5 is at least receiving two tones on the Fire Channel and all the other options Troymail added

THANK YOU :>)

Hawkredtail