RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Unication Forum

Unication Forum - Forum for discussion of Unication products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2018, 6:47 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default G5 Pager CTCSS Help

I have a G5 Pager. While driving in my car, I get a constant carrier over several channels. The Carrier is on VHF Frequencies of 151 Mhz and 154 Mhz. It is so strong that is blanks out our Dispatch Channel. I tried turning off the car radio and other devices, still get it, But as soon as I turn off the car ignition, it stops? Is there any fixes for this?

So I want to program CTCSS on my Fire Channels, I see I can only program 5 CTCSS? Right now all my Fire Frequencies have CQ as the Tone.

So here we go- In "D" then "4" I press "Next" at bottom of page, then I go to the desired Knob Positions 1-8, inside that knob position, I can set the CTCSS tone for a desired frequency. But when I click the "+" to add more CTCSS tones, it gives me "SA #2" How do I know what Frequency is "SA#2" and so on all the way to "SA#5"? Is the first CTCSS Tone for the First Frequency listed in the Frequency lists?

Also is there a way to add more then 5 CTCSS Tones? If not, It would be nice in a future firmware option to be able to add more CTCSS Tones?

Thank You
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2018, 8:24 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Does the interference get worse as the engine RPM goes up?
Does it go away if you move the pager away from the engine compartment?

What do you currently have your squelch settings at in the pager?
In zone and channel settings, i see an option for Channel Receive Option, Squelch Low Medium High. Mine are all set to low. So perhaps try to change that to med or high and test out.
Old 03-02-2018, 5:59 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The interference stays the same at slow speeds and at 50 MPH speeds-constant open carrier. If I walk about 20 feet away from the car, the carrier drops out. ( only happens while the car is running )

My Squelch setting is " Low" I will change it to Med and on another knob position with the same Frequency I will change it to High. I will let you know if it does any better.

Any idea what frequency "SA# 2-SA#5" are assigned to? Or how I assign those to a frequency?

Thank You
Old 03-03-2018, 8:22 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Tried setting of MED on squelch, did not stop the open carrier. Today i will try HI on the squelch. I still can not figure out what "SA1-5" DO or how to set a tone on each of the 5 frequencies it allows and on each knob position?

Will post my findings.
Old 03-03-2018, 2:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Well i tried the HI Setting in CSQ and it made no difference -i still get the constant carrier on VHF.
Anyone know how to apply a ctcss tone on the 5 frequencies in 8 knob settings?

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2018, 2:23 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmh603 View Post
Well i tried the HI Setting in CSQ and it made no difference -i still get the constant carrier on VHF.
Anyone know how to apply a ctcss tone on the 5 frequencies in 8 knob settings?

Thanks
its in each channel for each frequency you picked from the list to monitor like just below that