• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 Knob Position Profile List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Div106

Premium Subscriber
I am currently programming version V0.3.10Beta 07 and I have noticed when I upset a profile on a different knob position, the so called scan list keeps flipping to a different format once uploaded into the radio.

Once I uploaded the updates to the radio, once the radio is powered up on the particular knob, its
reconfigures the profile list to:
WUFD Disp
WAFD Disp
NSFD Disp
WUPD Disp
MCFIRECALL
WUFD Alert

This is not how I what that knob list in the radio set up to scan per saw. Anyone have this issue or aware of work arounds

Attachments

• IMG_2234.jpg
    IMG_2234.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_2235.jpg
    IMG_2235.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 302

Div106

Premium Subscriber
Yes I still want six talk-groups on that knob position with WUPDdisp as first talk group to monitor when I switch to this specific knob position. But once I upload and power the road back on, when I look at the scan list on the radio, WUPDdisp keeps getting moved down to 4th on the list.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Yes I still want six talk-groups on that knob position with WUPDdisp as first talk group to monitor when I switch to this specific knob position. But once I upload and power the road back on, when I look at the scan list on the radio, WUPDdisp keeps getting moved down to 4th on the list.

I wonder if it automatically just tries to place the TG's in alphabetical order when its uploaded and that's the result.

did you make WUPD the Priority TG in that channel? if not that should fix your problem make sure WUPD in the 1st one to scan

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
G5 position

YOU can make them any order you want by clicking on one and using the up/down arrow on the right to change talk-group positions, then SAVE it at the bottom. Make sure to save everything before loading to the Pager.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanVogt

Feed Provider
the order is not the priority rankings only one TG can have priority and it must be set as a priority TG in the PPS. its just alphabetizing them when it is put on the pager.

Status
Not open for further replies.