• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Reception Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng21inefd

Hello all,
I got my codes for two tone programming from the county. The pager seems to go off when it feels like it it has to be in a certain spot or area to go off. Yes the anplified charger will help at home but what about when I'm out? What can I do to fix this? Dave any recommendations?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
is the paging done on a P25 system? what band?
Is it done on a conventional analog channel that uses the pagers secondary antenna, if your referring to a G5 and not a G4.
This sounds less like a two tone issue and more like a general reception issue.
How strong is the signal your tones are being sent on?

Eng21inefd

500mhz band conventional and it is in fact a g5. The signal usually has anywhere from 1-3 bars on it. I can have my radio sitting right next to it with dispatch channel going off and the pager doesn't do anything.

mdsxfire

EDBM
500mhz band conventional and it is in fact a g5. The signal usually has anywhere from 1-3 bars on it. I can have my radio sitting right next to it with dispatch channel going off and the pager doesn't do anything.

Is the squelch setting set to high? And isn’t there a setting for tone duration long vs short type of tones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eng21inefd

There is something for the duration which is set to standard motorola paging system and the squelch setting is set to low.

RyanVogt

Feed Provider
Is the squelch setting set to high? And isn’t there a setting for tone duration long vs short type of tones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes there are several different tone lengths, Motratola quick call 1 and quick call 2 are very common but there are may different lengths. My department uses quick call 1 indiviual call tone & voice. my pager is set for QC1 and CSQ squelch and it works just fine. I would try to find out from a system admin what tone system you use. or maybe try to record the tones and time them then refrence the chart found in the link below to see what tone system they use.

https://www.midians.com/pdf/tone-signaling-charts.pdf

Eng21inefd

We use a 2 tone system my pager is set up two tone csq I talked to one of the guys from 911 center they said it is a standard Motorola paging system

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Eng21inefd- First, is the pager showing 1-3 bars consecutive or when they are "toning out"? Second, do you have a pl or dpl set for your dispatch frequency? Also are you scanning multiple dispatch channels as silent scan?

Eng21inefd

No lockout codes at all. And the only things that I'm scanning is ems fire Dept and fire police and it's all on the same channel knob it even does it with just my fd knob

26m10

Premium Subscriber
I have the same problem.

My fire channel works intermittently.

Tonight I had it set on and the pager crashed and rebooted.

Status
Not open for further replies.