• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 programming cable not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

WYDOR

Premium Subscriber
I have used the programming cable on 2 computers (desktop and laptop), and I just received a new laptop. The programming cable, when used on the new laptop, only charges and will not recognize any G5 pager for programming. I have updated device drivers and reinstalled the PPS with no luck. Any suggestions?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Does a power cycle of pager and / or battery pull fix the issue?
Does the old cable still work on the other computers?
Since its a simple micro usb cable have you tried another cable?
Does new laptop have another USB port to test with?

WYDOR

Premium Subscriber
Does a power cycle of pager and / or battery pull fix the issue?
Does the old cable still work on the other computers?
Since its a simple micro usb cable have you tried another cable?
Does new laptop have another USB port to test with?

Greetings IAmSixNine

1. Turning off and pulling the battery have no affect.
2. The cable still works with the other two computers.
3. Using other cables does not work with any of the computers.
4. All USB ports were tried and no luck.

Seems that it has to be something with the new computer since the cable still works with other computers.

AzTac

You have a device driver problem. I had the same issue. Unication tech support was very responsive in providing the following solution:

"Go to device manager and under network adapters with the pager connected you should see Unication RNDIS adapter. If you do not, unplug the pager and see what disappears then plug the pager back in and then right click on the item that reappears. Select update driver and then choose let me find it or choose from a list. Scroll down to Unication on the left side and then select the driver on the right and hit install or OK. That should take care of it for you."

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Greetings IAmSixNine

1. Turning off and pulling the battery have no affect.
2. The cable still works with the other two computers.
3. Using other cables does not work with any of the computers.
4. All USB ports were tried and no luck.

Seems that it has to be something with the new computer since the cable still works with other computers.

Number 3 - Keep in mind not all micro USB cables are made equally. Some cables short out 2 pins to make them charging only and remove the capability of passing data. This was done to allow higher current on the charging side also known as rapid charge cables. So if you see a charging only cable advertised this cable would not pass data.

kinglou0

Number 3 - Keep in mind not all micro USB cables are made equally. Some cables short out 2 pins to make them charging only and remove the capability of passing data. This was done to allow higher current on the charging side also known as rapid charge cables. So if you see a charging only cable advertised this cable would not pass data.

Excellent point and one that many people forget. Even so-called "data" cables can be poorly made.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Make sure when you installed the PPS the radio wasn't attached through the USB cable to the computer. I did that first time I installed the PPS and the radio wasn't recognized. Had to uninstall and reinstall with the radio disconnected.

WYDOR

Premium Subscriber
No driver found

You have a device driver problem. I had the same issue. Unication tech support was very responsive in providing the following solution:

"Go to device manager and under network adapters with the pager connected you should see Unication RNDIS adapter. If you do not, unplug the pager and see what disappears then plug the pager back in and then right click on the item that reappears. Select update driver and then choose let me find it or choose from a list. Scroll down to Unication on the left side and then select the driver on the right and hit install or OK. That should take care of it for you."

I tried this suggestion. No driver is found in any Unication folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.