• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G 5 Pager

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookmaster

I received my G 5 today i have latest software and firmware on my computer,I have not fully charge the batteries yet but i hook the G 5 to my computer and hit the program button it says no device connected but my device is connected can someone tell me what i am doing wrong,and how to get my G 5 up and running please?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I received my G 5 today i have latest software and firmware on my computer,I have not fully charge the batteries yet but i hook the G 5 to my computer and hit the program button it says no device connected but my device is connected can someone tell me what i am doing wrong,and how to get my G 5 up and running please?
Does the PPS show the pager as a connected device? If not, then sort out the USB connection problem.

Sent using Tapatalk

cookmaster

USB connection

I tried a second usb and on the PPS on C-C3 read Profile from Device “Please connect the device to the PC via USB cable but i have the cable connect,i am thinking it might be device manger issue the wrong port connection?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
If your connected to the computer and the drivers are not set up for it, it wont work.
This happens anytime you hook a device to a computer for the very first time.
Did it prompt you telling you it was installing the drivers?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
In device manager if it installed the wrong drivers, remove them or uninstall them. Uninstall PPS.

Reboot machine,
Install PPS.
After PPS is installed and running then attach the Pager.
If it installs drivers it should work. If it doesnt recognize device or does nothing try different cable and or port.

jmontes77029

Is the device turned on? It must be on to recognize pager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookmaster

USB

Thanks jmontes that what was i had the device turn off and scanning but one last problem i cant hear its mute is on how do turn it off ?

jmontes77029

I’m not sure which section on pps it is but where you set your zones go into the channel (knob) column where you add you talk groups in a particular knob position. There is a drop down menu for how you want to monitor. Make sure it is on talk group scan and not monitor. It is difficult to explain as I am not near my pps. Hopefully someone can explain better. I am pretty sure what you need to do is in the settings within the knob positions

jmontes77029

Thanks jmontes that what was i had the device turn off and scanning but one last problem i cant hear its mute is on how do turn it off ?

Another thing to check is make sure push to talk is set to know. Also make sure your talk groups are set to tone. Not having those correct will also mute audio

jmontes77029

Another thing to check is make sure push to talk is set to know. Also make sure your talk groups are set to tone. Not having those correct will also mute audio

Damn autocorrect. Make sure push to talk is set to no

Status
Not open for further replies.