• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

I messed the sound up

Status
Not open for further replies.

worble7

Well I was trying to get may radio a little louder because of my bad hearing and played around with the settings and now I have no sound can someone tell me where it should be set to. Thanks Jeff
The area I messed up is tone volume setting.

Attachments

• sound settings.jpg
    sound settings.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 200

jmontes77029

Well I was trying to get may radio a little louder because of my bad hearing and played around with the settings and now I have no sound can someone tell me where it should be set to. Thanks Jeff

The area I messed up is tone volume setting.

Turn duty status to on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmontes77029

Jmontes,
I don't think I messed with that one but will try that and let you know. Thanks Jeff

It shows it to be defaulted to off and it should be set to on. Also pull down the menu where you have fixed volume set and let me know what options you have

jmontes77029

Jmontes,
That was it Thanks damn did not think I messed with that. Last night we had a police shooting I listened to it all go down.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/05/gunfire-erupts-in-fremont-eyewitnesses-report-casualties/

It’s real easy to accidentally change options in scroll down menus. And I love to listen to action on my pager. It’s even better live! Your gonna love ur pager. It’s like watching live Pd all day except your hearing the radio version which to me is all more exciting!

jmontes77029

It may be because it’s recording everything and since it is doing that the message alert may not go away as long as active talk groups are present. Probably somewhere in message settings you can turn off message reminder tone

worble7

ok still getting it like every 3-5 mins here's a pic of the message on top. Thanks Jeff

Attachments

• unread message.jpg
    unread message.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 138

jmontes77029

ok still getting it like every 3-5 mins here's a pic of the message on top. Thanks Jeff

I have not had that issue but I’m pretty sure the fix is in pps m. I just do not know where at the moment. I would just comb through pps and look for something that has anything to do with messages

Status
Not open for further replies.