• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New User's Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio3353

Does anybody know where to get a copy of an updated G4/G5 user's manual? The Quick Start Guide that comes with the pager references a user's manual, but I can't find it on Unication's Download page. Thanks.

radio3353

There is a context sensitive user manual embedded inside the PPS.

I know, but I have a pdf version of a G4 manual. But, it is out of date with things like screen icons.That is what I am looking for. Just can't remember where I got it :confused:

kinglou0

I know, but I have a pdf version of a G4 manual. But, it is out of date with things like screen icons.That is what I am looking for. Just can't remember where I got it :confused:

You're probably talking about the early G4 manual that Scanner Master has available.

I haven't seen an "updated" manual anywhere including during my attempts to dig around Unication's Taiwanese site.

Wonder if this community would like to take on the task of creating an updated manual or at least a condensed version like the ones available here?Easier to Read Pro-668/PSR800 Digital Scanner and EZ-Scan/iScan Software Manual

KM4WLV

I'm sure some of you guys saw the post I made a couple weeks back about the group I created on Facebook for G-Series pager users. Some of you may be in it.

I own the page, and Ray (Ray's Pager Sales), and Jason (Hoffman Radio Network) are my two admins. We have some folks that are fairly new to the monitoring hobby, as well as folks who've never tried listening to/programming any type of trunking systems.

Last night we were discussing the lack of clearly worded manuals, or outdated information. Since I have the free time on my hands I am going to write a how to/step by step programming manual using PowerPoint. My plan is to basically start at the beginning with the simple stuff moving forward. Example : We'll start with setting up any conventional freq's, then adding the channels/Site info, etc for the P25 side, the another one for entering TGID's and building Zones. Then QC2, and so on & so fourth.

If you guys are interested I'll be sure to let you know when a new section is published. The plan is to break down the programming process to make it easier to understand, and to use layman's terms where possible. I'd be happy to share them here as well.

Thoughts?

- Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro powered by AT&T LTE -

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
There is a need for a better manual for the PPS as well, which should explain what each setting / feature does and how they relate to the pager's operation. Writing a manual will be difficult because Unication changes so many things with their firmware and the PPS software updates and give no explanations.

KM4WLV

There is a need for a better manual for the PPS as well, which explains what each setting / feature does and how the settings relate to the pager's operation.

My plan is for all that to be included as well. I meant to add that but I'm wwwaaayyy past my bedtime. Gonna try to get a nap and be back up at 8:30 to get ready for church. My plan as far as options/features is to also cover what each does and is intended for. If anyone reading this thread has any other feedback please let me know. I hope to get the ball rolling on this tomorrow afternoon or tomorrow evening right after dinner.

troymail

Silent Key
I'm sure some of you guys saw the post I made a couple weeks back about the group I created on Facebook for G-Series pager users. Some of you may be in it.

I own the page, and Ray (Ray's Pager Sales), and Jason (Hoffman Radio Network) are my two admins. We have some folks that are fairly new to the monitoring hobby, as well as folks who've never tried listening to/programming any type of trunking systems.

Last night we were discussing the lack of clearly worded manuals, or outdated information. Since I have the free time on my hands I am going to write a how to/step by step programming manual using PowerPoint. My plan is to basically start at the beginning with the simple stuff moving forward. Example : We'll start with setting up any conventional freq's, then adding the channels/Site info, etc for the P25 side, the another one for entering TGID's and building Zones. Then QC2, and so on & so fourth.

If you guys are interested I'll be sure to let you know when a new section is published. The plan is to break down the programming process to make it easier to understand, and to use layman's terms where possible. I'd be happy to share them here as well.

Thoughts?

I don't use Facebook.

KM4WLV

Perhaps manual wasn't the word to best describe what I was talking about. What I'm putting together is an interactive PowerPoint programming guide. There have been a number of folks who've tried to go by the manual in the link posted, as well as watching the videos on YouTube but were still struggling with programming.

With more and more folks using these as a hobby device for monitoring, especially those just getting into the hobby are asking for something a little more in depth as well as something in layman's terms. Not all folks are struggling with everything as far as programming so the PowerPoint's I'm making are going to be broken down into sections. Hopefully that gives folks more insight as to what we're putting together.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
... Since I have the free time on my hands I am going to write a how to/step by step programming manual using PowerPoint. My plan is to basically start at the beginning with the simple stuff moving forward. Example : We'll start with setting up any conventional freq's, then adding the channels/Site info, etc for the P25 side, the another one for entering TGID's and building Zones. Then QC2, and so on & so fourth.

Thoughts?

Daniel, if you want someone to proof/edit your programming guide, let me know. I wrote professionally (Military specs/stds for DOD technical manuals) for 25 years.

What would be nice after the programming module is one for the 'controls and indicators' on the pagers. The 'user guide' (sic) for my G5 shows a USB connection icon displays on the screen when connected. I've never seen it when I connect though.

RetiredVolunteer

Premium Subscriber

Thoughts?

As a newbie to listening to and programming trunking systems, I would be very interested in your creation of an easy to use manual. Please keep me posted. Thanks!

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
this is a great idea i just got my g4 and have no manual at all i had a friend help me set it up and its awesome but i still have no idea what half the buttons do lol .just sen the link to the manual on scanmaster this is better then nothing .but love this pager so far working great in cleveland on there p25 system . i want to learn everything about this

Status
Not open for further replies.