• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Error Message After Charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio3353

Have the following message on my G4:

System not working correctly
1. Please press RESET + DVR + PLAY key for 3 seconds to manually reset.
2. Then contact Unication with your error code (Error#ffffa)

It happened after disconnecting the USB cable after charging from my PC. G4 was on when I disconnected the USB cable.

What are the RESET, DVR and PLAY keys?
Any idea why this happened (so I don't repeat it?)

Thanks for your help.

jmontes77029

It happened after disconnecting the USB cable after charging from my PC. G4 was on when I disconnected the USB cable.

Thanks for your help.

Just had same thing happen to me. All I did to correct was turn off and on and finally just left on and it cleared. Not sure if that’s the correct way or why it did the code in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiddenrun

Premium Subscriber

Thanks for your help.

The G4 and G5 needs to be charged with the charger provided or an equivalent since that charger is 5V and 2 amps and computer usb ports are normally lower amps and MAY be causing the error.

Unforgiven_AF

The G4 and G5 needs to be charged with the charger provided or an equivalent since that charger is 5V and 2 amps and computer usb ports are normally lower amps and MAY be causing the error.

Computer USB ports are 500mA, or .5A. I have always preferred Anker for aftermarket chargers, though my use has been primarily phones, they are great 2A chargers for devices that PowerIQ doesn't recognize. You can grab a 5 port charger for pretty cheap. I don't want to look like a shill, so I won't add a link. They can be found at Walmart or Amazon.

radio3353

Just had same thing happen to me. All I did to correct was turn off and on and finally just left on and it cleared. Not sure if that’s the correct way or why it did the code in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just turned my G4 back on and the error message is gone. The radio is working normal again. :confused:
I sent a note to my dealer to see if they have any more info about this error. I will post what I hear back from them. Thanks.

Last edited:

radio3353

Thanks for that. I will use the supplied or a 2A or greater charger in the future.

radio3353

Computer USB ports are 500mA, or .5A. I have always preferred Anker for aftermarket chargers, though my use has been primarily phones, they are great 2A chargers for devices that PowerIQ doesn't recognize. You can grab a 5 port charger for pretty cheap. I don't want to look like a shill, so I won't add a link. They can be found at Walmart or Amazon.

When you say 'charger' are you referring to a USB hub?

Unforgiven_AF

radio3353

mr1973

The 3 buttons to press are, the 2 side buttons, and the button on top of the knob at the same time for a few seconds. At first it looks like it’s not doing anything then it will shut off and turn back on.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I can never get that reset method to work.
I always have to do a battery pull.

Me personally i have seen that message or seen it power cycle to the main unication page (like putting a battery on it for the fist time and turning on) and if thats what i have to go thru every now and then for great reception. So be it. LOL Ill put up with a little quirk like that.

kinglou0

(Snip.....)if thats what i have to go thru every now and then for great reception. So be it. LOL Ill put up with a little quirk like that.

Me too. I've had my G5 now for a week now and it is definitely quirky to say the least.

I turned the power off on my pager last night (I heard and felt the "click") and despite that, the bootup screen came up. I had to switch the unit on and then back off. So weird.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
My G5 came up with the same error this afternoon. It had been working in the house and I turned it off while I was getting ready to go to a concert. Running on battery. I took it to the car and turned it on only to get the error message.

I guessed at the 'reset, play, and dvr' buttons and got it right, though nothing happened. I wound up removing the battery and it is now working. Glad I carry some small tools in my camera bag.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Since my update to Phase 2 i have not had any of those issues.

Was yours an updated or new unit with Phase 2 or is it running older firmware?

n0akf

My G4 phase II radio does this in the amplified charger base if I turn the pager off while in the cradle. Pretty much every time. So I make sure I take it out of the charger to turn it off.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Unication is aware of this issue and will be releasing a firmware update in the near future.. Per David at Unication.. He says to do the three button reset or pull the battery to clear the error until the update is available.. NO DATE HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED as of today

DP1947

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. My G4/Ph 2 only did it once. The message was on screen maybe 4 seconds then back to normal.

MidwestRadioListener

Premium Subscriber
I have had my G4 since early May and it's happened several times (large error notice screen but never an actual error code.) Sometimes it clears itself after a few seconds, sometimes turning off and back on clears it and other times removing the battery does it. I have never gotten the three buttons to work. I haven't contacted Ray yet as what I read says we are supposed to contact our dealer.

Yesterday I set off on a two hour trip to do some listening and shopping. The unit was all charged when I left home and powered it on and used it part of the way. When I got there I used it some. When I started home the error notice screen came up and gave an error code "Charging Error #11" - interesting... I hadn't charged it since the night before and been using it off and on the past 3 hours at least when I got this error on a power up. Time didn't help, off and on didn't help and the magic three buttons didn't work except talking about a recording. So my radio/pager was dead for the next 2 hours home and wasn't able to use it with no screw driver.

I got home, put it on the charger and took it off this morning and all is fine.

It wasn't bad before and put up with it a while but now it's past frustrating ! I see they are working on a firmware update but wonder if they know it doesn't always happen when charging or immediately after charging and doesn't actually give an error code (most of the time in my case?)

Anyone experience these same things as well or does mine need current firmware blown away and reloaded if that is possible? I bought mine new with P2 loaded.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.