• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Unication g4/5 phase-ii tdma upgrade promo $95

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdcomm

Feed Provider
Due to the overwhelming customer demand for an immediate Phase II upgrade solution, we will be launching an early bird option for customers to upgrade their existing G4/G5 units to Phase II. This upgrade solution will allow end users to purchase the G-Series Phase II Upgrade through Unication USA’s website and ship their device to our facility to be upgraded. We will offer this early upgrade method at a discounted price of $95.00 through 5/31/2018. Please visit the purchase page and review full details at the link below:

Unication USA

G4/G5 Phase II Upgrade (Online Purchase, Shipping Required)
Cost: WAS $150.00/ NOW ONLY $95.00
Details: Purchase is for Phase II Firmware that will be added to your current G4/G5 Voice Pager. Phase II upgrades are completed at Unication USA’s Arlington TX location. Please note that DEVICE MUST BE SHIPPED TO OUR TEXAS FACILITY TO BE UPDATED. You will NOT receive any virtual/downloadable file for Phase II. You are responsible for the cost of shipping your device in to our Texas facility to be upgraded. Unication USA will cover the cost of return shipping. Upon completion of online purchase, you will receive a confirmation email and downloadable file with detailed instructions to ship your device.
Turn-Around Time: Our goal is to update and return units within 48 hours (2 business days) of the date they are received at our facility. Customers will receive a confirmation email with return shipment’s tracking information upon completion.

jmontes77029

That’s a good price that I would be willing to pay if I didn’t already have an upgraded radio. Thank god I got mine the day I paid for my radio and do not have to be without radio for a few days while upgrade is place in radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKJohnny

Scanner Addict
Premium Subscriber
One question, will the future firmware updates, after sending this in, be downloadable and install-able without mailing the unit back in again? I'd assume so, but want to know for sure before upgrading the unit. Thanks.

hiddenrun

Premium Subscriber
One question, will the future firmware updates, after sending this in, be downloadable and install-able without mailing the unit back in again? I'd assume so, but want to know for sure before upgrading the unit. Thanks.

Yes,I asked Unication that question a bit ago and they told me this upgrade embeds Phase II in the units so that future upgrades do not affect the Phase II.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I bought mine from Rays Pagers, wondering if this would be offered by them as well? I would rather continue to do business through them.

kma371

QRT
I bought mine from Rays Pagers, wondering if this would be offered by them as well? I would rather continue to do business through them.

This is a manufacturer upgrade, not a retail upgrade. Ray's is just a distributor.

worble7

will the upgrade also fix any other issues? like the out of range? Transmission delay when in charger? Thanks Jeff

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I haven’t heard of any other improvements of added features other than Phase II.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
IT will enable phase two but also allows the most recent firmware upgrades. So T02 and T08 (which is what was shipped to us from Rays).

county

Premium Subscriber
No improvements on other issues. Only thing new will be the phase 2

For what it's worth. . my newly acquired G4 with Phase-2 already loaded runs circles around my older G5 (acquired mid-2016- not yet P2 capable) even on Phase-1 systems, in terms of performance. Now, there could be other variables at play. . and in all fairness my G5 is on an ancient firmware (R11P from mid 2017).

But here are the noteworthy subjective improvements I see w/ the my P2-enabled G4 based on my limited observations so far:
-Issue of frequent 'out of range' is resolved in my basement, on a distant P1 system. (using same antennas, same conditions)
-Missed transmissions issue seems to be fixed! This was noticeable especially on short-replies. Not an issue now based on my non-scientific observations these past 18 hours.
-Improved speech quality. . less 'digitized' sounding.

I have sent my G5 in for the upgrade. . will be especially anxious to see if after the update it compares to my new G4. I suspect it will, and I suspect the new firmware fixes a few nuisance issues.

Last edited:

Haley

Guys I had a couple questions. Boxing up my G5 to ship , I assume we leave the battery in? And is anyone shipping in the original box inside of another box ? Mike

county

Premium Subscriber
Guys I had a couple questions. Boxing up my G5 to ship , I assume we leave the battery in? And is anyone shipping in the original box inside of another box ? Mike

Yep leave the battery in, remove the antenna. I thought about putting the original box inside the outer box but worried I wouldn’t get it back so just used another generic small box inside, instead.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I'm leaving battery in. Have the original box inside a slightly larger box, fits in nicely so no bouncing around. Also made sure to put 3 layers of clear packing tape on my display so no "accidents" happen like scratches. Sending it out Wednesday.

Haley

Thanks for the replies , I think I will keep the original box here too then. I have plenty of packing and boxes. I’m just going to do a box inside of a box packing with plenty of bubble wrap. I was curious as to how everyone was doing it , thanks Mike

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Also made sure to put 3 layers of clear packing tape on my display so no "accidents" happen like scratches

Be careful when pulling the tape off. I had a screen protector on my display that I cut out of a smartphone screen protector. When I pulled it off, the clear display glass pulled off the front of the pager. Unication covered it under warranty repair! When I got the pager back it looked brand new. Even shipped it back with a new antenna because I left the antenna out of the box! Great service!

So when you pull the tape off, peel it off carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.