• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Automobile Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio3353

Pairing the G4 with an automobile Bluetooth system...anybody try this yet with success? I am going to try this on my 2014 Toyota Corolla when I have a chance, but I thought I would ask if anybody else has done this yet in their auto. Thanks.

kibler

Feed Provider
No but......

Today my wife and I took a little drive and she uses her cell phone and connects with her car audio system and it sounds totally amazing as she can connect to and play my Scanner Feed! She has a 2016 Honda CRV and I had no idea you could do this???.....I have not a clue how to set this up, I can not do this in my old truck! Thanks

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
I've tried to pair my G5 with my Lincoln MKX and the Ford (Lincoln) Sync DOES find the G5, however, provides a five digit pin, whereas the G5 only accepts 3 digits. Hmmm................" so close, yet so far."

Has anyone discovered a workaround for this?

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
I got it to pair with my 2010 Escape's SYNC, but it rings like an incoming call before every transmission. This is a known issue with bluetooth headsets, so I wasn't surprised. Needless to say, it wasn't useful.

radio3353

I have said it before...if only the G4/G5 had a headphone jack.:mad: Then it would be so simple to pipe it into an automobile's aux input jack (or use headphones at home) instead of fighting Bluetooth.

mike4nzix

Pairing the G4 with an automobile Bluetooth system...anybody try this yet with success? I am going to try this on my 2014 Toyota Corolla when I have a chance, but I thought I would ask if anybody else has done this yet in their auto. Thanks.

If you have a standard "line-in" jack and "aux" setting on your factory car radio, may I suggest a Bluetooth adapter that is wired to the line-in slot? I have found these solutions to be much easier to pair for other devices and do not ring or have an audio alert like factory units when there is incoming audio. Fewer headaches and it never pairs when you don't want it to. Plus, this solution allows a dedicated phone to remain paired with the head unit.

Any of these will likely provide what you're looking for at little investment:
https://www.google.com/search?q=blu...j_XaAhUl_4MKHaQkBVYQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=653

krokus

Premium Subscriber
If you have a standard "line-in" jack and "aux" setting on your factory car radio, may I suggest a Bluetooth adapter that is wired to the line-in slot? I have found these solutions to be much easier to pair for other devices and do not ring or have an audio alert like factory units when there is incoming audio. Fewer headaches and it never pairs when you don't want it to. Plus, this solution allows a dedicated phone to remain paired with the head unit.

Will the Unication pair with it?

Sent using Tapatalk

N6ML

My G5 pairs with my ~10 year old JVC aftermarket head-unit.... but it has the usual issue where it disconnects and reconnects for each voice message, so it loses some of the audio each time ... it's somewhat usable for long messages, but not really usable for rapid-fire, like police dispatch, etc.

lsh1885

I read a post somewhere that Unication devices will only work with Bluetooth 2.1, can anyone confirm this.

Last edited:

radio3353

Thanks, Mike. I have this Bluetooth adapter at home that I use to pair the G4 with an external speaker:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FDI8VBI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works well. Not sure I want to drag it and the associated cable to the car every time.

I had no success pairing the G4 to my 2014 Toyota Corolla's Bluetooth. Guess I will just use the internal speaker for the few times I take it mobile.

radio3353

I read a post somewhere that Unication devices will only work with Bluetooth 2.1, can anyone confirm this.

That is true. See my post above for the adapter I use to pair my G4 to an external speaker. It works well. The G4/G5 will pair with it. It uses Bluetooth v2.1.

lsh1885

Thanks I will try it. What I am trying to do I have a Sony digital audio recorder that is not Bluetooth that I would like it to work with my G4

N6ML

Received a "Docooler 2-in-1" today (via Amazon Prime). It seems to work (with the G5) better than my JVC head-unit and my Altec Lansing portable speaker - minimal, if any, truncation of messages. If only it would turn on automatically when external power is supplied, I could bury it behind the dash, but it seems to need the button to be pushed to power on. It does power off automatically when BT has been disconnected for 10 mins.

lsh1885

I bought the docooler Bluetooth transceiver from Amazon but having trouble getting it to connect with my non-Bluetooth device it pairs with the G4 OK but when I switch from receive to transmit it doesn’t go through I am supposed to have it hooked up to the red 3.5 jack correct?

N6ML

I bought the docooler Bluetooth transceiver from Amazon but having trouble getting it to connect with my non-Bluetooth device it pairs with the G4 OK but when I switch from receive to transmit it doesn’t go through I am supposed to have it hooked up to the red 3.5 jack correct?

Connect to the black jack, and use "Receiver" mode. The G4 is the BlueTooth transmitter, and the Docooler is the receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.